Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

Good afternoon! I'm getting a late start here, as it's been a crazy day. Scottie had a dentist appointment, Sydney had a doctor's appointment, Dakota had a grooming appointment and Shawn and I have spent the rest of the morning getting jobs done around the house, him working at his desk, and calling doctors.





The weather:::
It's that time of year where the weather gets severe and stormy and the threat of tornados goes up.


Monday - Evening Storms, 78º
Tuesday - Thunderstorms, 70º
Wednesday - Thunderstorms, 71º
Thursday - Cloudy, 55º
Friday - Partly Cloudy, 63º
Saturday - Showers, 68º
Sunday - Showers, 70º

On my reading pile:::
Miracle Creek by Angie Kim, The January Children by Safia Elhillo, The Bassoon King: My Life in Art, Faith and Idiocy by Rainn Wilson, and Quintessence: The Poetry of True Nature

Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
I'm pretty sure another weekend went by where all I watched was the new episode of Game Of Thrones

On my TV this week:::
Vlogs
Superstore
Grey's Anatomy
Good Girls


On the menu for this week:::
I'm so behind on my menu planning. We didn't make it to Costco for our groceries this week yet either.

Monday 
Chicken Tikka Masala, broccoli, cauliflower, rice, and naan bread

Tuesday 
Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Brussels and Sweet Potatoes

Wednesday
Turkey sandwiches


Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday


On my to do list:::
Dishes
Laundry
Prep and Cook Dinner
Take 2 kids to dance class
Take 1 kid to baseball practice

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

Absolutely nothing at the moment. 

Looking forward to:::

The craziness of the next 3 weeks to be over. School is out on the 23rd and I'm so excited to be able to sit down and read and not run all day long.

Looking around the house:::
I'm sitting at the kitchen counter, having just finished lunch. I need to clear my dishes and the dishes off of the kitchen table from the girls having eaten. Scottie is getting into her dance leotard and all ready for dance class. Sydney is home from school today with a rash, so between the benadryl and just wanting to relax she's spending most of the day in bed. It's supposed to storm tonight but right now it's so sunny and beautiful out so Shawn is working at the table on the back deck while 2 of the dogs run like crazy through the back yard chasing birds and squirrels. Dakota just got home from the groomers and is wondering through the house. The cats have all found nice soft or sunny spots to lay for the afternoon.


From the camera:::
At the preschool that Scottie goes to, once a year they have the fire fighters come out and talk to the kids about fire safety. One of the firefighters will dress up completely in everything including the mask and air tank so the kids aren't scared of them in the event of a fire. They let the kids climb in the truck and spray the fire hose. It's one of the most exciting days all year.





What I'm wearing today:::
I'm wearing denim crop pants, a gray v neck tshirt and my gray roxy slipon shoes  

One of my simple pleasures:::
Meeting and loving other mommas. This weekend I attended my husband's cousin's baby shower and knew only a few of the guests. I quickly fell in love with a couple of other mommas. 

Bible verse, Devotional, prayers::: 
Prayers today for my sweet Sydney. She's covered in hives. The allergist can't get her in until the 17th. Hopefully the hives go away in the next day or two as she's missing all the fun stuff at school for the end of the year.

Comments

Jodi said…
Love the firetruck! I love the field trip to see the firehouse when my boys were little, so much fun for the kiddos! Have a great Monday!
Jean said…
Hope your daughter's rash clears up so she can enjoy all the fun end of the school year things. And I hear you about counting down to a little calm after the school year ends. Hope you have a wonderful week!
Sandra said…
I'm so sorry about Sydney's rash, I hope she feels better soon.

Girl, you read so much, I want to be like you when I grow up LOL I have so many books for review and I struggle to get through them lately, by the time I get a moment to read, I just want to sleep instead.

You and I are both in Tornado Alley, and yep, it's that time of year, we've had crazy weird weather already, tons of tornado watches, it's nuts, matter of fact it's been pouring down since 3AM.

Stay safe out there. Prayers for Sydney.

*HUGS*
xoxoxo
Rebecca Knox said…
Sounds like you had a crazy busy Monday morning, but sounds like a lot got accomplished, too! We've been getting the storms, too, and there are more on the way. Keep your eyes to the skies and stay safe! Have a great rest of the week and weekend! Blessings! <3
Luludou said…
Sorry, late in visiting the blog. Great picture with the firefighters. Seems like a busy week - sending a positive vibe so that everyone feels better. Have a great week

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and