Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday



♥♥The Weather♥♥
We just had some seriously heavy storms move through. And as I type this I can hear new thunder. Thankfully I moved all my plants down to the ground, closed the umbrella and had the kids pick up their fairy garden before the storm hit. There is still some heavy wind and I just looked. It looks like we have storms off and on all day. It looks like this week is much cooler than last week.

Monday - Thunderstorms, 59
Tuesday - Partly Cloudy, 67
Wednesday - Mostly Sunny, 67
Thursday - PM Showers, 60
Friday - Partly cloudy, 61
Saturday -  Partly Cloudy, 62
Sunday - PM Showers, 62


♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥
I’m feeling alright this morning but I do have to admit that the dark and rainy or stormy weather has me feeling the urge to curl up on the couch, watch movies with the kids, and read all day.


♥♥On my mind♥♥
Today our state starts Phase 1 of coming out of Stay at Home. My family isn’t changing anything, and in fact our county isn’t really changing anything. Libraries here were supposed to be opening according to the Phase 1 plan but they are keeping the libraries closed for the time being. With all of the ebooks and audiobooks you can borrow online from them, it isn’t necessary for them to be open yet. I’m really nervous about it all. My anxiety makes this whole thing really hard.          


♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥
Coffee and left over donuts from yesterday morning. Shawn and I have decided that on the occasion or two a week that I don’t cook, we’re supporting local business. Yesterday morning he picked up donuts from our favorite place in town, Munchers. Their cream cheese donuts are AMAZING!

♥♥On my reading pile♥♥
Currently I’m reading Beach Read by Emily Henry and I’m finishing Afterlife by Julia Alvarez. I finished The Guest List by Lucy Foley last week and told Shawn I NEEDED him to read it because I needed someone to talk to about it, so Saturday he laid in a hammock and read the entire 310 page book in a few hours. I’m such a slow reader that I got super jealous. Lol

♥♥On my tv♥♥
We’ve been outside so much that we’ve not been watching much tv. We’ve been watching the Ken Burns documentary series The Roosevelts before bed in the evenings. We need to watch the latest 2 episodes of Outlander and we haven’t seen any of this seasons Westworld.

♥♥On the menu this week♥♥
I’m still working on this. Our new fridge is finally arriving this week so we haven’t done a grocery run. I have some meat and stuff to use but I’m not sure what the plan is yet.

Monday -
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
Thursday - 
Friday - Pizza
Saturday -
Sunday -


♥♥From the camera♥♥

I’ve got a few because since the stay at home order we’ve had the kids really pitch in as members of the family. I love cooking with other people and it’s been fun helping the kids learn. Last week each kid cooked/helped cook a meal, and on Sunday the kids and I cooked dinner together while Shawn did his 10 mile run.









♥♥Looking around the house♥♥
Ben’s finished his school and is making a cup of tea. The girls are all sitting at the table working on their school. Shawn’s working upstairs. I’m sat at the counter in the kitchen, staring at a sink full of dishes and a pile of laundry to wash but thinking about starting a movie with the kids as soon as they are done.


♥♥Chore I'm not looking forward to today, or this week♥♥
Laundry! It really never ends. I need to reorganize the hall closet sometime this week.         


♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥
I’m hoping to get some reading done. I really love it just never seem to find enough time.                 


♥♥On my prayer list♥♥
My friends and family members with health problems who are terrified that the country is beginning to open back up.
The people in this country facing hardships. Thankfully in my community many restaurants have closed and are instead giving free breakfasts and lunches to those in need as well as pantry boxes. I love that the people in our city look out for one another.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and