Skip to main content

Still sick here...

So, Here it is the next Monday and Ben still has whatever this is.  I seem to have finally come down with whatever it is also.  I just feel terrible today.  I'm not posting this blog update to complain though.  I haven't updated in quite a while and really not a lot has happened since.  We've spent several days in bed watching Cars over and over again.  We haven't done any crafts, only a little bit of coloring.  Once again the letter of the week has been put off. 

Thursday, Ben seemed really sick and worried both Shawn and I.  We took Ben to the doctor and found out he has bronchitis and the beginnings of an ear infection in one ear.  Friday, I seemed to think he was feeling much better but Saturday, after a night of hardly any sleep for any of us, we woke up to a sick boy with a fever.

Saturday, my mom and brother came out and stayed with us.  They brought Ben a balloon which made him one happy kiddo.  We went to IHop Saturday night.  The first time Ben left the house since Wednesday, which for him is a big deal.  He doesn't like to just hang out at home.  He likes adventures.  It was nice to have Mom and Andy out here.
























Sunday, Shawn's parents came out and we watched football.  It's always nice to have them out too.  It was a really nice weekend and very relaxed.  Last night, Shawn came up with the genius idea to put the movie for Ben on one of our lap tops while we watch regular TV.  I can't believe we hadn't thought of this before.  So last night, in bed, this is exactly what we did.  Poor Ben was still pretty sick last night.  He's acting better today but still is coughing and sneezing and only can be up playing for about 15 minutes before he decides he needs to come lay down.  Poor kiddo.  He still looks sick to me today too.



















Here's pictures of his setup in bed last night:




































He had everything he needed.  His movie, his stuffed frog, his cars books, and his water.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...