Skip to main content

The Big Move Among Other Things

The move is done!!! While we still have a little unpacking to do and hanging some art work left to do, I can breath easy.  The stress is OVER!  When we are done with a little more unpacking and maybe putting some of our artwork up, I'll take a couple of pictures to show how amazing the new place is.

Now onto a much sadder topic.  Shawn's Grandma isn't doing too well.  She's in the hospital and it just seems that it's all one thing after another after another.  She kept saying "I'm going to get better and get out of here so I can see that baby!"  She hadn't gotten to see Rylie yet and that's pretty sad all in it's own.  She loves my kids and they love her.  They call her GG for Great Grandma.  Their relationship makes me happy, but now we aren't sure what is happening with her health and our fears, of the obvious, have overwhelmed us.  I'm trying to be their for Shawn's mom and the whole family really as much as I can.  Shawn doesn't really show his emotions on the outside, much like most men, it just comes out as being tired or grumpy.  I'm trying to be patient and no pressure him to talk about anything he doesn't want to.

Yesterday, we went to visit Shawn's Granny in the hospital so that she could see and hold Rylie.  Maybe it would be the medicine she needs to get better.  Ben and Sydney wanted to see their GG as well.  They were all so well behaved at the hospital, which made me a proud momma.  They even colored pictures for her while they were there.  GG holding Rylie was so sweet, and I'm glad we got the opportunity to go visit her even if it only was for a few minutes.


She's really one of the neatest, most loving, and funny, sassy ladies you could ever meet.  When we left, she told me "I'm going to get better Lizzi, I have to."  I'm really trying to be positive and would appreciate all the prayers and positive vibes you could send her way.

Saturday was St. Patrick's Day.  Because of the move, and Rylie being so small, we didn't do anything to celebrate other than dress up.  I just wanted one picture of the kids together in their green shirts.  I should have been more specific and said that I wanted a picture of my three happy kids in their St. Patty's green shirts doing what I asked them to do...  Because I didn't, this is what I got:


What can I say?  This picture captures my children pretty accurately.  At least they are cute and sweet.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and