Skip to main content

Ben's 5th Birthday

Ok, so I've literally been working on this post for awhile... mostly just putting my pictures on flickr so I can post them here since my picasso thingy is full for what they will allow me with out paying, and I'm CHEAP.  My husband bought me flickr pro awhile back, so I'm finally using it.

Just as a warning up front, I'm feeling really sentimental at the thought of my baby growing up so this post is so full of pictures.  Be prepared.

Ok, so on September 17th, my little man turned 5.  I feel like his whole life has been a blink in my life... I mean time has just flown by.  He's such an amazing boy.  He is a comedian and loves making people laugh.  He also loves Power Rangers and Super Heros and everywhere we go, bad guys seem to follow, but Ben protects us all.  Everywhere we go, you can hear him "fighting."

He was such a sweet baby and everybody said I got so lucky because he hardly cried and was just so laid back.

Here's just a few pictures from the last 5 years of my sweet Bubs:










This spectacular boy needed a spectacular birthday party.  I suppose his birthday celebration started on Friday the 14th.  We went to Kansas City, and spent a little time with Shawn's parents.  The kids got to help mow, which they LOVE.


Sydney let me take diva-licious photos of her.  She poses all on her own, with no direction from anyone else.  Anyone that knows her, knows there is no directing her in ANYTHING.  Hahaha!


Then Shawn came over after work.


Shawn, the kids, and I all went fishing with our friends Terry and Buck.  Nothing was caught while the kids and I were there, but I think the big boys did have a little luck after we left.  It was such a beautiful evening, but it did get chilly.  Ben loves fishing.






Saturday, Shawn, his Dad, Ben, and a friend Kevin went to the KU football game.  We didn't win, but it's so much fun anyway.  While they were at the game, I picked up the BBQ meat and then we headed out to the lake to setup for Ben's party.  When Ben got there, he was so excited and surprised!  I really think he enjoyed himself.

Here's a bunch of pictures from the party:





















We went home that evening and Ben played his new Lego Harry Potter game before bed.

Sunday was pretty much a typical day except that he seemed to be getting really sick.  Just a cold, but also holding his ears.  He has the worst allergies and asthma which mean he pretty much catches every upper respiratory infection going around and 99% of the time he gets an ear infection as well.  Poor kiddo.

His birthday started out with video games!


And then a trip to the doctor...


Sure enough, he had an ear infection.  He also had mycoplasma which is a bacteria that has no cell walls so a lot of antibiotics can't get rid of it.  It's really not serious, just a cold that some antibiotics won't get rid of.  He went through his antibiotics and is doing much better now, but it still sucks to be sick on your birthday!

On the evening of his birthday, we had dinner at a Mexican restaurant out here in Lawrence, then went back to the house for cake and ice cream.






Yes, Ben finally got the Titanic movie... after looking for it for years, they finally re-released.










I think Ben had a wonderful birthday as well as the whole party weekend even though he was unfortunately sick on his actual birthday.  Thank you to everyone who helped make his day special by attending one of the birthday parties or sending him a birthday message.  Also, on a side note, I was afraid the Hulk gloves would have been a problem and been taken away by now, but I'm proud to report, while they do play with them, nobody has gotten hurt or broken anything and they have not been taken away.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and