Ugh Today!

I have had a rough week. It's been stressful and nearly heartbreaking, starting on Tuesday when both of my kids darted out in front of moving cars on separate occasions, and Shawn's plane having problems mid flight.

Now the things aren't so big, but they just keep piling up. Today, it broke me. I couldn't take anymore even though more kept getting added on.

The kids fought all morning. It's just frustrating as a parent to be breaking up fight after fight but it's pretty common, at least in our household. We decided to go to Shawn's parent's house and Shawn and the kids were going to go fishing with Terry. While I finished getting all of our stuff put together, Ben and Syd played in the front yard. We have a neighbor who thinks it is acceptable to take her dog into our front yard to poop. I assume this is so she doesn't have to worry about stepping in it or clean it up. Well, Ben stepped in it and tracked it all through the van as we were leaving to Kansas City. I got the car cleaned up and went to spray off his shoe with the hose only to find that the knob on the outside faucet was broken... At this point I called my mother in law crying, just to get it off my chest. I put his shoe in a plastic bag and took it to KC with us.

I get in the van and look down to see we have a quarter tank of gas so I decided I can get gas in KC. After passing the Lawrence exit, and into the point of no return and no gas stations for a long way except the expensive service area in the highway, the gas light came on. This forced me to stop and get gas at the expensive place. Oh well, you have to do what you have to do. I paid for the gas and started pumping. While I was pumping the gas I got sidetracked crying to my mom about all the little things piling up and then the gas overflowed out the side and all down the van onto the tire, the ground, and me. I know I should have been paying more attention, but when you're having a bad day and need to cry to your mom, you don't think about these other things that have never happened to you before.

Later at my in-law's house, I sprayed Ben's shoe down with the hose and soaked myself (in cooler than 70 degree weather) leaving me cold and wet... Miserable.

While Sydney was getting her second bath today (what can I say, she likes to soak in warm baths) my mother-in-law noticed that she has another staph infection, so I guess we're getting up bright and early for a doctor's appointment. This is the third staph infection in two months. We've been doing most of what was recommended to us, well, the medicine at least. I feel weird about giving her a bleach bath. I think we're going to ask if she should see a specialist or anything. I'm at a loss for what to do. Dang you MRSA.

Alright, it's time for bed. Hopefully I'll get some sleep tonight. I haven't slept in I don't even remember how long. Tomorrow is a new day, and hopefully a better day. I can't keep with continuing this trend of bad days. I just might go completely crazy if I have many more.



Megan Anderson said…
I hope it gets better for you! I was having serious trouble with anxiety early in the summer; and I know how those little things (especially in quick succession like that) can get overwhelming really fast.
Sandra said…
Awww Liz, I'm so sorry. *hugs*

There are days that just seem to go downhill and I find myself wanting to breakdown, sometimes it's a little too much.

Hope today went much better for you :)
Liz said…
Thank you ladies. It's good to know that I'm not the only one this happens to every now and then. Yesterday was better... but not great. I kicked butt around the house but my blender died as well. I guess life can't be all rainbows and butterflies, huh?

Popular Posts