Skip to main content

Just Another Busy Day in the Christmas Season

So much has been going on here with the holiday season and Ben having surgery.  Maybe I'll get the chance to do a quick picture catch up tomorrow.  Today... today is a post just about today, and maybe a little of last night.

Shawn and I don't usually have the ability to do Christmas presents for each other.  Everything we have, we usually give to the kids.  This year, we are fortunate enough, with Shawn's new job to get each other a gift as well.  Shawn went above and beyond with a gift for me.  He got me the camera I've been wanting for a long time, and he gave it to me last night so that I can take pictures of the holiday season and all that we do along the way.  I've been playing with it, since I opened it.  I'm glad to get the chance to test it out now.  I've been having a lot of fun with it.





I think what surprised me so much with this camera is how great the pictures look when I only have half a second to snap it or the moment is gone.  It's almost impossible to get Rylie to stay still long enough for a picture and now I'm getting endless amounts of great Rylie pictures.

We have done a small amount of decorating around the house.  I do need to get on it though. Maybe this weekend will be all about decorating.




Of course before bed I got in, my daily devotional.  I keep the book by my bed so I can read it in the morning and again before bed.


This morning I got up and took Ben to school while Shawn stayed home with the girls.  He left not long after I got home.  The girls spent most of the morning in their pajamas, lounging around, and playing on iPads.


Keeping a tree decorated with an almost 2 year old is near impossible.  She loves the new pretty ornaments we bought this year.  Thank goodness they are plastic and shatter proof.  And she really loves the candy canes.  We barely have any candy canes left on the bottom half of our tree.







Of course, we can't go a day without a couple of tantrums from at least one child.


Ben gets out of school early on Wednesdays, and he was getting very shaggy, so it was time to take him for a haircut at the barber shop.  Since we were downtown already, we met with Morgan, Langston, and Leigha at Laugh out Loud for a couple of hours.




When we came home, we did some picking up of the living room, which you almost immediately couldn't tell we'd done because there were toys everywhere two minutes later.  The kids spent some time playing and we watched Scrooged on TV.









Bedtime and our time after dinner is always chaotic.  Between picking up, getting pajamas on, teeth brushed, etc.  Yup, we live in a madhouse.



After dinner, it was cookie baking time.  Syd's school does a cookie sale every year and I signed up to make cookies.  8-10 dozen cookies, actually.  While baking cookies, we watched Christmas Vacation, which is one of my favorites.  I also took some time, between moving around batches of cookies, to work on the baby blanket I started.




I can't wait to see if we are having a boy or a girl. I'm officially at 20 weeks now, which means I'm technically halfway through with the pregnancy but I'm over halfway through.  I find out the gender of our baby in another week and a half, on the 16th.

Alright, the big kids are asleep in their beds, Shawn's asleep sitting on the couch, and Rylie is asleep next to me on the couch.  I think it's time for me to turn off the Very Brady Christmas that is on the TV and get Shawn and Rylie to bed, as well as get my hiney in bed.  Well, I'm going to take some Tums first, then get to bed.  Goodnight!


Comments

Sandra said…
So happy for you with your new camera, I'm sure you're going to love it as much as I love mine :)

Loved seeing all the pictures of your daily going ons, it's those moments that will one day make you smile as you look back and remember :)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and