Skip to main content

One Day at a Time

These past couple days have been so busy.  We've been preparing for Sydney's birthday which is Sunday, I've had stuff to get done for Ben's teacher, and Shawn has been out of town for work, so I've been holding down the fort at home. I've been wanting to work on my crochet mood blanket so bad, but I just haven't had time.  I plan on working on it a little today as I'm so excited how it is coming along.

At the end of the week, last week, we made a trip a couple of trips to Michaels.  I'm a Michaels and Hobby Lobby addict.  I need crafters anonymous and to go into those store without a supervisor is extremely dangerous for my bank account.  The yarn that I love from Walmart for almost $5 a skein was 2 for $5, so I picked several new fun colors, and then I grabbed some new things for a new hobby I'm seriously falling in love with.  I'm very into flower arranging.  I'm working with fake flowers for now.  It's so much fun and they are so beautiful.  I found some of the prettiest little white porcelain planters, so I bought the 4 I could find.  I found a plain glass case for some flowers in the kitchen. Sydney also picked out a planter and we put some flowers together in it for her in her room.






I'm so in love with how they all turned out and would love to do some for the living room.  I ended up moving three of them to our bedroom for a little love in there.  We have been rearranging the house and getting things taken care of to make our home more comfortable for when the baby gets here.  I'm a homebody anyway but with four young children, I really don't plan on going many places other than maybe Shawn and I's parent's houses.  Maybe it won't all be so scary but for now, the idea of going out seems terrifying.  We try to keep our home nice and comfortable anyway but now it's a necessity to get everything ready and find ways to save space and use different places for multiple things.  Our home is three bedrooms, but the layout isn't ideal for a family setting since one of the bedrooms is upstairs and the other two are on floor level.  Shawn and I originally took the upstairs bedroom but after a while we realized it wasn't working anymore.  We were all up and down the stairs all night long and that's not really a good thing to do half awake.  We also didn't like being that far away from our babies at night. We decided to move down stairs, move the kids into their playroom, take the door off of their walk in closet and turn that into the playroom or toy storage room. Rylie's bed is set up in our room as there is no room in the kids room.  The baby will also join us in our room.  The upstairs is in the process of being turned into a rec room of sorts.  The computers and desk are up there, the old love seat is up there, my craft stuff, and some of the kids bigger toys like the basketball goal and the kitchen are up there too.  We need to do some cleaning and reorganizing but it still leaves us all living in two bedrooms. We have to do somethings to make space where we have it and we started by mounting our TVs and getting a smaller baby bed than a regular crib for our room.  We'll make it work so that we don't have to move.  We don't want to move because we hope to buy a home sooner rather than later, if possible.  

I've been doing so much work around here getting things in shape.





I'm desperately trying to figure out a new toy storage idea for the living room, because we are so short on space and when we bring the bouncy chair or swing into the living room we will have even less.

I love my personal touches around the house.  They make me so happy and make my house feel so warm.



This is one of the last times I was able to work on my blanket.  I can't wait to jump in again.



I've been working very hard at reorganizing my yarn stash. I have bags and bags in my bedroom closet but these are the most of what I'm using on this blanket.


The corner of my bedroom has become baby central.  My husband comes home tonight, and I actually want to start getting stuff figured out, set up, and moved around so that we can be prepared.  I know it's a little early but I'm anxious and there is still so much to do in my house.  


Yesterday, I slipped on the ice on my front walk way.  I didn't fall but was quite sore afterwards. Thankfully the baby seems to be fine.  6 weeks today she'll join our crazy family.

I just want to get everything done so I can relax and breath.  

Alright, it's about time to go pick up Ben from school so I need to get going.  Hope everyone is having a good week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and