Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday



As I look outside my window:::
The sun is shining but everything is covered in snow.  I need the spring to come!

Right now I am::: 
Sitting on the couch, and just finished lunch.  I have no energy and I need a nap, but it won't get to happen.  


Thinking and pondering:::
Sydney's birthday this weekend.

On my bedside table:::
The Virginia Housewife or Methodical Cook by Mary Randolph

On my tv tonight:::
Monday: 
The Following

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Tuesday:
The Little Couple
Rizzoli and Isles 

Chicago Fire

Wednesday:
Law and Order SVU

Preachers' Daughters
Chicago PD

Thursday:
Grey's Anatomy
Here comes Honey Boo Boo


Friday:
Jessie


Saturday:
When Calls the Heart


Sunday:
Keeping up with the Kardashians

Austin and Ally
The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Listening to:::
Nothing currently

On the menu for this week:::
I don't know yet.  Everything is so up in the air.

Monday - Spaghetti and Bread
Tuesday - Frozen Pizza
Wednesday - 
Thursday - 
Friday - 
Saturday -
Sunday - 

On my to do list:::
Fold Laundry
Dusting/Clean the glass
Pick up my room from rearranging
Start putting stuff together for the baby

Vacuum

Happening this week:::
Shawn left today for New York and comes back Wednesday

Sydney has dance tomorrow
Get Sydney's snack for her class on Thursday
Ash Wednesday - Lent starts on Wednesday
Sydney's birthday party on Sunday and staying at a hotel Saturday night

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
I'm working on my crochet mood blanket. I think due to size, I'm going to end up doing 3 of them.

My simple pleasure:::
Lately, as silly as it is, it's just having laundry all caught up.  With so many people in this house, there always seems to be laundry in the hamper, but when I grab the last of the clothes out of that hamper and put them in the washer, it's wonderful.  Then to move it all over to the dryer and have nothing to put in the washer is just perfection.  This new washer and dryer has changed my life.

Lesson learned the past week::: 
If you are stressing about something getting done, just do it!  Don't wait for help or everything to fall in to place.  Just make it happen.

Looking around the house:::
Rylie is sleeping soundly on the love seat, Sydney is rearranging Rylie's stuffed animals on the chair and watching Teen Beach Movie, again.  The house is mostly ok, just some random cleaning and two baskets of laundry to fold.  There is also two boxes that were just delivered by UPS from Amazon of baby stuff for me to put together, sitting just inside the door.


From the camera:::





Prayer List:::
My husband while he travels this week.

Bible verse, Devotional:::
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27

Comments

Sandra said…
Oh Lord the never ending laundry, it really does feel like it multiplies doesn't it?

I do hope you get to rest some, you need it right now :)

Have a wonderful week Liz!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and