Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!  Sorry I'm super late today, I just have been really busy.


As I look outside my window:::
Today turned out to be a beautiful day.  It was a little chilly this morning but now it's about 50 degrees.

Right now I am::: 
Sitting at the kitchen table, waiting for my timer to go off to take out the Irish Soda Bread I have in the oven and I'll be putting in the white bread and some potatoes, carrots, and cabbage soon.

Thinking and pondering:::
Finally getting to put together all of the baby stuff.  I'm so excited.   

On my bedside table:::

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (I'm so in love with this creepy twisted book)

My flowers and a water bottle or two

On my tv tonight:::
Monday: 
The Following
The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
Tuesday:
The Little Couple
Rizzoli and Isles
Chicago Fire
Wednesday:
Law and Order SVU
Chicago PD
Preachers' Daughters
Thursday:
Grey's Anatomy
Here comes Honey Boo Boo
Friday:
Jessie
Saturday:
When Calls the Heart
Sunday:
Real Housewives of Atlanta
My Five Wives
Long Island Medium

Listening to:::
The sound of the dishwasher and the kids show on TV in the living room.

On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Corned Beef, Potatoes, Carrots and Cabbage, Irish Soda Bread, and No-time Bread
Tuesday - Henry T's
Wednesday - Chili and corn bread
Thursday - Spaghetti with garlic bread
Friday - Slow Cooked Pork Chops, mashed potatoes and roasted veggies
Saturday - 
Sunday -  Asian Lemon Chicken tenders with rice and veggies

On my to do list:::
Dishes
Laundry
Vacuum
Put together baby stuff from the boxes

Happening this week:::
It's Spring Break this week here so our schedule is pretty empty!  Yay!

Monday - Dr appointment, Pre admission appointment (for having the baby), Shawn basketball
Tuesday - Dinner with my mom
Wednesday - Nothing
Thursday - Nothing, Shawn may go to basketball, the baby's dresser should be delivered
Friday - Nothing, maybe Costco

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
My Crochet Mood Blanket is pretty much it right now.
 
My simple pleasure:::
Snuggling my husband.  Because we are so busy with our kids and our lives (work, housework, etc) we don't get the chance often, but I like to just snuggle together and watch something on TV together or lay in bed and snuggle and talk about our days.  Even if means we get to sleep late because of it.

Lesson learned the past week::: 
You never know how much time you have.  Life can be over in an instant.  Hug your loved ones every chance you get and tell them that you love them.

Looking around the house:::
The house could use a little cleaning.  Rylie's bed needs making (she had an accident and I washed her sheets and comforter), and I have laundry that is folded on the ottoman to put away but really it's not too bad.

From the camera:::



Prayer List:::
A friend of mine who passed this weekend.  Her kids, stepson, and all of the family and friends she left behind.   

Bible verse, Devotional:::
"Let not your hearts be troubled.  Believe in God; believe also in me.  In my Father's house are many rooms.  If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.  And you know the way to where I am going." ~ John 14:1-4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and