Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

Good Morning!! I was definitely not ready for Monday morning, but it seemed to have come on anyway.




As I look outside my window:::
It's a chilly and gloomy day. It's supposed to rain and snow flurry all day at about 36 degrees. 

Right now I am::: 
Sitting at the kitchen counter, making my mental to do list of everything I have to do today, while Scottie is still asleep upstairs in my bed.  The other kids are all at school. 

Thinking and pondering:::
How to do everything I need and want to do in a day or a week. I'm seriously out of time and don't get to do the things I enjoy very often because I'm so busy with housework all day every day.

On my bedside table:::
My water bottle, iPad, TV remote and my book.

On my tv:::
I need to watch last week's Grey's Anatomy, and get caught up on Top Chef and Fixer Upper.

On the menu for this week:::
I need to work on my menu. It's one of my things on my to do list.

Monday - Buttermilk pancakes and bacon
Tuesday -  
Wednesday - 
Thursday - 
Friday -
Saturday - 
Sunday -  

On my to do list:::
Laundry
Pick up the kitchen and do dishes
Meal Plan
Edit
This afternoon, the girls have dance.

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Nothing, but I'm hoping to start a crochet project or pick up an old one, this week.

My simple pleasure:::
Learning new editing tricks. I get so excited when I learn something new. 

Lesson learned the past week:::
A little fresh air can make you feel like a whole new person. In the past few weeks, it's been so cold/snowy and icy that we've been locked up inside the house, outside of school and extra curricular activities. Yesterday, it was in the 60s and we spent most of the day playing outside and I felt like a new person. It's funny how I didn't realize that I was missing out on anything, as I enjoy the chunky sweaters, fuzzy socks, and being wrapped up in my blanket, inside the house. But after spending a whole day outside with the family, I feel refreshed.

Looking around the house:::
It's really quiet. Ben, Sydney and Rylie are all school, Shawn and Scottie are still asleep.  The dogs are still asleep. The house around me could use a little picking up, but nothing major. I'd like to make some coffee, but I know that grinding the beans will wake up the pups and Scottie for sure. I need to probably get Shawn up, as he does have to work.



From the camera:::
My happy place.  As a busy momma, who never has time for herself, even after the kids go to bed, baths rarely happen for me.  Last week, I had 2!
 

Prayer List:::
My mom who is recovering from hip replacement surgery.

Bible verse, Devotional:::



Comments

Jodi said…
Oh how I miss long, leisurely, bubble baths! In the season of "hot flashes"... so if I were to take a bath now it would last all of 10 seconds! Glad you got to sneak in a few!! Have a great week!
Rebecca Knox said…
Enjoyed reading your blog post this morning and am praying over your mom as she recovers. Have a blessed week ahead!
Lucie said…
I've been huddling inside too... I think I need to go out like you did. Glad your mom is doing better. have a great week
Jean said…
Outside time makes such a big difference, no matter what the weather. I always notice when I work and have to spend time outside that I'm in such a better mood. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!
That tub picture looks so wonderful. I'm running so late this week visiting everyone. I sure hope you had a GREAT week!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and