Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

I'm super late, but today has been super busy.  I'm trying to recover from a stomach bug and trying to get my house back in order, while getting into our new groove.

As I look outside my window:::
The sun is going down.  It's quite warm and beautiful outside.  I think it got to 86 today.

Right now I am::: 
Sitting on the couch, snuggling with Scotland and typing away.

Thinking and pondering:::
How long is it going to take me to get my house in order...

On my bedside table:::
Break Out by Joel Osteen
Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayham, and other things that Happened by Allie Brosh
A water bottle and my tv and cable remotes

On my tv tonight:::
After typing this up, I realized that the amount of "reality tv" I'm watching right now is insane and ridiculous.  I can't help that I like the trashy stuff.  It's totally my guilty pleasure.
Monday: 
The Voice
The Real Housewives of Orange County
16 and Pregnant
Tuesday:
The Little Couple
19 Kids and Counting
Playing House
Chicago Fire
True Tori
Wednesday:
Catfish
Preachers' Daughters
Million Dollar Listing New York
Flipping Out
Law & Order: SVU
Chicago PD
Thursday:
Grey's Anatomy
Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:
The Real Housewives of Atlanta
Call the Midwife
Game of Thrones
My Five Wives

Listening to:::
The kids iPads are all playing Adventure Time on different episodes.  

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Salads for the husband and I, sandwiches for the kids
Tuesday - Grilled chicken and veggies
Wednesday - Spaghetti
Thursday - Shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches with vinegar onions and cucumbers
Friday - 
Saturday 
Sunday -  Something on the Grill

On my to do list:::
Laundry, I have so much to fold and put away
Cleaning up my kitchen counters
Floors!
Removing the last of the boxes from my bedroom

Happening this week:::
Monday - Shawn back to work out of the home (first time since Scotland was born), Shawn's Basketball
Tuesday - Sydney's dance and Ben's soccer practice
Wednesday - 
Thursday -  My Aunt comes into town, Shawn's softball
Friday -Daddy Daughter dance practice for Shawn and Sydney

What I am creating:::
I haven't been working on anything but I really do need to finish my mood blanket that is almost done.

My simple pleasure:::
A clean house.  I know it may sound crazy, but I can't function with a mess around me.

Homemaking tips::: 
At this moment, I've got nothing...

Looking around the house:::
It's total chaos!  The big kids are all in the living room watching Adventure Time on their iPads, Scotland is asleep snuggled against my leg on the couch, clean socks are thrown on the floor (by one of the kids) in need of finding their mates and my couch pillows are all thrown on the floor.  Things that will all be taken care of once they crazy monsters go to bed.
  
From the camera:::
My handsome son with his teacher (whom I absolutely LOVE) at his first ever school music program.


Prayer List:::
My mother-in-law and her siblings as they prepare for the loss of their sister Bernie, and Bernie herself.  She's not doing well at all and is in hospice care.

Bible verse, Devotional:::
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. ~ Psalm 34:18

Comments

Sandra said…
I know it will take some time for you to get into a new groove with 4 kiddos, but you'll do great, you're an awesome mommy and wife :)

Ben is just sooooo cute, he has the sweetest smile :)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and