Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

Good Morning!  I was NOT ready for the alarm this morning and snoozed it for another 15 minutes or so. I wasn't really ready for my weekend to be over either...



On the weather front:
The weather cooled down this weekend to really feel like fall.  Highs in the 70s!  It's so wonderful.

On my bedside table:
A water bottle, a box of tissues, a baby bottle, my TV and cable remotes, and a book or two.


On my TV:

I've been binge watching Gossip Girl around my shows from my DVR.  Right now I'm watching Don't Be Tardy, then I have the Manzos and tonight, as a family, we have to watch Doctor Who from this weekend.


Favorite Youtube Video last week:
I didn't really get a lot of videos in last week.  I was so busy, but there are a few I never miss.  I always watch everything from Claire at The Witt Family, and Rebecca from Percy and Grace.  

News story that caught my attention:
I can't seem to get passed this story of this poor child that made a clock and then, because of his religion, was treated and disciplined like he built a bomb.  

On the menu for this week:


Monday - Strawberry and Grilled Chicken Salad with Cherry balsamic vinaigrette
Tuesday - Chicken curry with rice
Wednesday - We have a Royals game, so maybe sandwiches on the road.
Thursday - Crockpot Pork chops, mashed potatoes, roasted veggies
Friday - Block Party for the Arts Center
Saturday -
Sunday - 


New Recipe I tried or want to try:
I don't know at the moment.  I've been incredibly busy with school starting and all of their extra curricular stuff.  I have a few cookbooks I haven't really used yet, but I need to.

On my To Do List:
I have so much to do, and not too much time to do it.  I'm not feeling great and I'm trying to keep up, so we'll see how much gets done.
Kitchen....unload dishwasher and reload, clean the counters and the sink, sweep the floor, and clean of the top of the deep freeze.
Bedrooms....make beds
Living room... pick up and vacuum
Dance... Sydney has dance class tonight after I pick the kids up from school
Grocery shopping... I have a few things I need to pick up for dinner.
 
In the craft basket:
I don't have anything at the moment, although Sydney and Rylie are begging for their signs for their room and I checked out a library book that is things to crochet using granny squares
Looking forward to:
The party Friday night for the Art Center.  There is supposed to be a Flash mob and everything.  This year, we are truly immersed in the Art Center, so I'm excited to celebrate 40 years.

What's going on this week:
At some point, in the middle to end of the week, Ben and Sydney have school pictures.

Monday - Ben and Sydney school, Sydney dance class
Tuesday - Ben, Sydney, and Rylie school, Ben's Soccer practice, cemetery for Dad's birthday
Wednesday - Ben and Sydney school, Scottie's check up doctor's appointment. marathon club, Ben's art class, Shawn in Omaha Nebraska, Royals game
Thursday - Ben, Sydney and Rylie school, (Rylie bring apple to make apple sauce in class) Rylie dance class, and Sydney soccer practice, Ben and Sydney's school open house, Shawn's softball
Friday - Ben and Sydney school, Block Party at the Art Center

What I plan on doing for myself this week:

I'd really like to find time to get my eyebrows waxed, but I'm not counting on it happening.  I'm just hoping to get to bed at a reasonable time.


Favorite photo:



Lesson learned the past few days:
Just to be careful what you say to others.  We can't control how people act or what they say but we can control our reactions. 

 
Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
It's not religious, but I'm living this today and hoping to live this everyday.




Comments

Great quote though hard to live by sometimes!
Joanna Unbehaun said…
That fence/gate is amazing! Love the pic, and I love me some Gossip Girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and