Skip to main content

My Very First Blogging Award!



I won my very first blog award.  Please forgive me, but this is very exciting!  Thank you Feliz4Life!

As with everything else in the world, there are rules to this award.

  1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
  2. Share 7 things about yourself
  3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
  4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
Hmmm... 7 things about myself...

  1. If you ask me what my favorite is of anything, I will tell you an answer, but then a ton of others will come flooding in to my head and I can't make up my mind.  It doesn't matter if it's favorite movie, food or even color.  I can't make a decision because I have tons of favorites and they change with my mood.
  2. My son was 4 months old at my wedding.  We were planning on getting married when we had the money to do exactly what we wanted and then I got pregnant and we didn't want Ben or anyone to think that we were just getting married because I was pregnant.  I wouldn't change a thing.
  3. I am allergic to everything but horses and palm trees.  Because we live in Kansas where we have everything I'm allergic to, I suffer A LOT!
  4. I have hoarding tendencies so I've become OCD about putting things away or throwing things out to overcome these tendencies.
  5. I hate cleaning the house.  I'd rather hire a maid and spend the whole day, every day, laughing and playing with my kids.  If I did hire a maid though, I'd probably just walk around behind them and redo everything the way I like it.
  6. If I had to have a career outside of the home and away from my kids but it could be any job, I would own and run my own restaurant.
  7. I've never really felt that I was great at anything until I kids.  I was good or ok at a lot of things, but never great.  Being a mom and wife is something I think I'm pretty great at.
Here are the 15 Versatile Bloggers I pass this award to:



Alright, so unless I can't count (which is quite possible) that should be all 15.  I hope you all enjoy this as much as I do.

Comments

Thank you for the award! Made my day! =) I put your link on my awards page.
Thank you so much for thinking of us when you passed on the Versatile Blogger Award. If was fun to read a bit about you in your 7 facts. I bet you are a great mom and wife!
Sandy said…
Congrats to you and thank you so much for including me! Sorry I haven't been by sooner, we have been so busy!

Thanks again!
Stacey said…
Thank you so much for the award!! That was so kind of you! I'm sorry it's taken me so long - I've been out of town and away from the Internet for a few weeks. Can't wait to read more of your posts!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and