Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday



The weather:::
Chilly!  I think it got up to 39 today, but it's been in the 50s and 60s.

On my reading pile:::  
I've been meaning to get started reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert


On my TV:::
I haven't watched any TV yet today but maybe something off of the DVR tonight.


On the menu for this week:::
Monday -  Boss Hawgs (Late lunch/Early Dinner out with my Grandpa)
Tuesday - Egg Sandwiches
Wednesday - Mexican (Restaurant for my Father-in-law's birthday)
Thursday - Creamy Rotini with Ham and Asparagus
Friday - El Mezcal probably (we usually go out on Friday nights as a family)
Saturday - At my in-law's house
Sunday - At my in-law's house

On my to do list:::
Finish folding laundry and vacuum.

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Nothing at the moment, but looking for a good project.


Looking around the house:::
The house is finally getting back in order!

From the camera:::






Something fun to share:::
This was the first year my kids took part in New Years Eve partying of any kind.  We tried last year but they both fell asleep before midnight.  This year, they were so excited and were wearing party hats, playing with noise makers, and yelling "Happy New Year!"


Comments

Unknown said…
Creamy Rotini with Ham and Asparagus sounds AMAZING. I'd love to see the recipe :)

I also can't wait for you to read Eat, Pray, Love. I don't know many big readers, so it's not often that I can discuss a book I've read with anyone.
Liz said…
I posted the recipe here http://attemptingtobeasupermom.blogspot.com/2011/04/creamy-rotini-with-ham-and-asparagus.html

I'm absolutely addicted to this blog for recipes:

http://fullbelliesmakehappykids.wordpress.com/

That's where I got the recipe for the creamy rotini as well as most of the new ones I try. Seriously, she posts so many recipes. I mean tons and we haven't tried one we don't like. She needs to put out a cookbook. I'd buy it for me, all my family, and friends!

I'm excited to read Eat, Pray, Love. I liked the movie, but wasn't in love with it. I'm a dork and always watch the movies first. Since I always like the book more, I want to still be able to enjoy the movie, so I watch it first. I'm a book-aholic, it's just hard for me to find time to read. I feel like most of my reading are of children's books, but my kids love books too. Someday we'll all read our own books at the same time. Haha! Then I'll have more time to read.
Sandra said…
I love that pic, it made me giggle. He looks so cute, poor guy all tuckered out but still holding onto the noise maker LOL

Hope you're having a great week Liz :)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Petty

This evening our sweet little Petty went to Kitty Heaven.  The cancer had spread to her brain, causing her to have odd behaviors.  The tumor in her mouth, or the side of her face, had pulled down her ear canal on that side and caused her eye to twitch, which the vet said caused constant vertigo.  The cancer had also spread to her intestines causing her to loose control of her bowels and bladder and she was bleeding internally.  While she didn't appear to be suffering, there is no way that she wasn't.  We sadly had to have her put down. Yes, I'm meowing at her in the video.  Sometimes she would answer when you would do that, but she would always come to you. She was such a cute little love bug.  I named her Perpetua, from the Bridget Jones movies, and later we shortened it to Petty, just because we are a family of nicknames.  I remember when we first got her and she was so tiny.  She looked like a lemur and she was all black with a cou...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...