Slow Cooked Beef And Veggies

Once again, this is another recipe from I found on Sandra's food blog.  You can find her recipe right here, Full Bellies Make Happy Kids.

I have to tell you up front, I've never done slow cooked beef or beef stew at all because I was under some misconception that stew meat was expensive.  When I went to the store, I found that it's no more expensive than ground beef.  I'll be doing lots more with it since it's so cheap and yummy.

Slow Cooked Beef And Veggies


Ingredients:

2 lbs boneless beef stew meat
1 onion, chopped
baby carrots (I used about 3 or 4 hand fulls)
1 can stewed tomatoes, undrained
worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper
1 bay leaf
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup water
cornstarch

Directions:

Spray your crock pot with non stick spray.  Add the stew meat, onion, carrots, stewed tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, some salt and pepper, miced garlic, bay leaf and water.  Give it a stir to mix up all of your ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours.
After it's cooked for 8 hours, add some cornstarch and turn the heat to high.  Cook for a few minutes longer and stir until it has thickened.

I served mine ours with a side of mashed potatoes.  Sandra put hers in a mashed potato ring.  I'm sure if you didn't want mashed potatoes, you could have put some small potatoes in the crock pot with the rest of the ingredients also.

Comments

Popular Posts