Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather.....
It's so hot, but I'm looking forward to cooler temps later this week and Ben's birthday party should be wonderful! 



Right now I am....
EXHAUSTED!

Thinking....
I would love to get a little nap in but have so much to do around the house and crazy kids to play with.

On my reading pile....
I'm still working on Eleanor from a few weeks back.  Haven't really been doing much reading lately...

On my TV.....
Breaking Amish
Sisterwives
Just finished last night's Breaking Bad

On the menu for this week....
Easy meals as we continue to get adjusted to our crazy hectic schedule, and while Shawn is out of town.

Monday - Frozen Pizza 
Tuesday -  Spaghetti with meat sauce 
Wednesday - Potato and Broccoli egg casserole
Thursday - Taco Salad
Friday -  
Saturday - BBQ
Sunday - 

On my to do list....
Laundry
Dishes and kitchen clean up
Pick Ben up from school and help with homework
Get shelter reserved for Ben's birthday party
Figure out Ben's birthday cake

In the craft basket....
I'm dying to sew or crochet.  I need to get my hands in to my craft basket.  
  
Looking forward to this week....

Shawn coming home on Wednesday from Boston, figuring out what is going to happen with Rylie's mouth wound, working on our routine, and Ben's 6th Birthday party on Saturday.

Looking around the house....
Rylie is napping in her playpen and Sydney is watching the Fresh Beat Band on her iPad in her bed.  I have laundry that needs to be put away in a basket on the living room floor and dishes to be washed in the kitchen.

From the camera....
This picture is from Sydney's first day of Preschool.



On my prayer list.....
My husband who is traveling this week.  Myself, as I need the strength to get through these next couple of weeks.  Everything is happening all at once for our family (husband traveling for work, school starting, extra curricular activities, birthday parties, etc) and to top it off my girls refuse to sleep so I'm hardly sleeping at all on top of running all day long.

Bible verse, Devotional....
Trust in the Lord forever! For the Lord is an eternal Rock.  ~ Isaiah 26:4

Comments

Ruth A Stiles said…
AHHH first day of preschool. How stressful. I remember when my boys were droppe doff for preschool. It is so hard to do, but I know it was the best thing. I just couldn't get over how quiet the house was!
I hope you have a blessed week. Your menu looks great and I would love to see you recipe for Potato and broccoli casserole!
Sandra said…
I like simple menus on busy weeks...which seem to be what my life has consisted of for months now LOL

Hope you have a good week and especially hope your girls start sleeping so you can get some rest.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and