Skip to main content

Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Manicotti

Lent in our home means no meat on Fridays. My family is super big on meat in the meal, so it gets tricky. Well, we're working on sticking to a budget now, which means that we can't just order sushi every week and call it good. I've jumped into Pinterest looking for ideas. Last week I tried this delicious recipe for Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Manicotti which turned out brilliantly. I'd never made anything like it before and I've been forever changed. Shawn ate himself into a food coma. So recipe 7 of 52 was a major success.

Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Manicotti


1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed completely and squeezed dry
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
15 ounces ricotta cheese
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 box (12-14 shells) manicotti noodles
3 to 4 cups marinara sauce (about 2 jars or use homemade)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, for topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix the spinach, cheeses, eggs, salt, and pepper. Stir together until well blended. Place about 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce in a 9x13 inch pan and spread it around to cover the bottom. Place the mixed filling into a plastic bag. You can use a frosting piping bag or a gallon zip bag. Snip the corner. Hold and uncooked manicotti shell in your hand and squeeze the filling inside the shell, letting it over flow on both sides. Place the filled shells into the sauce lined pan. Continue until you run out of shells.

Cover the pasta completely with marinara sauce, using about 2 1/2 cups of sauce. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of Parmesan on top. Cover with foil and bake covered for 50 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...