Skip to main content

Friday of a busy, busy week

This week should have been relaxing seeing as I've been on bed rest.  Guess what!  It wasn't relaxing at all.  Tuesday, I had my doctor's appointment and Shawn had his.  He'd been seeing a doctor for his numerous health problems and the doctor had been pushing him off and treating him like he's a hypochondriac.  He decided to see a new doctor because there was really something wrong and he wasn't getting the help he needed or was paying for.  He went to his first appointment with the new doctor on Tuesday afternoon.  The doctor immediately set him up for a colonoscopy and endoscopy for Thursday. 

Wedenesday, Shawn started his fast.  I made him jello because he could only have clear liquids and jello.  Ben decided he wanted jello.  Shawn gave him a bite, and Ben gagged but apparently liked it because after he finally got it swallowed he wanted another bite.  The 2nd bite also made him gag and then he spit the jello out on the living room floor.  Once again, he went back for another bite.  Shawn decided maybe the bites were too big so he gave him a smaller bite.  Ben choked it down, but then promptly threw up on me and the couch.  The boy had been drinking chocolate milk for a good chunk of the day, which makes for a really gross vomit.  Sorry for the TMI, but get ready because there is more.  Shawn stripped Ben down and handed me the wet wipes so I could get cleaned up enough to get to the shower with Ben while Shawn cleaned up the mess.  I could not stop gagging and choking.  Please remember that I'm about to have my baby Tuesday, so I'm extremely pregnant and know that this is quite embarrassing but must be told because it's funny as well.  Every time I would gag or choke, I would pee, leaving more of a mess for poor Shawn to clean up.
We all know what it's like to prepare for a colonoscopy and if you don't, you'll have to look it up.  It's not pretty.  All night he was pretending like he pooped on his couch.  He kept saying that it was the only thing that could be done to the couch that hadn't been that night.  He's such a goober.

Yesterday, Shawn had his scopings and told me before hand that he wanted muffins.  While he was there, Ben and I came home and made him his muffins then went back to pick him up.  Ben was excited because he got to help me.


















Later in the afternoon, we decided the weather was too nice to not go out and enjoy it.  We did exactly that.  I know I shouldn't have, but I sat on the toys at the park and took pictures while Shawn and Ben played.

















Ben got a lot braver from the last time we were at the park.  I was a proud momma.








































He didn't need any help getting up to the top.  Last time, we didn't even attempt this slide and this time, it was all he wanted to do.  Over and over again.  The look on his face made this a great time!
























After the park, we went to the pet store again.  I think Shawn enjoyed getting to share this special fun stuff with Ben since when we do this stuff, Shawn's normally at work.  We got to watch some fish get fed.  I was a little worried that Ben would be disturbed by it since they were feeding these little fish to bigger fish.  He thought it was really cool and was quite excited to watch.  He really likes the birds.  I think they may be his favorite part although he was really excited over the tortoises and snakes.  It was so much fun. After the pet store we went to Cici's pizza for dinner.  It's fun to take Ben out to eat.  We don't get to do it often because we are very limited but I want him to have as normal of a life as possible even though he has a peanut allergy so it's very important that we do it from time to time.  Also, we want to make his last week as an only child as special as possible.

Today, after Shawn gets off of work, I'm getting a much needed pedicure and taking it easy.  I'm super excited for that.

Later I will post the letter of the week craft.  It's been a hectic week so it hasn't been done yet, but we will be doing it today and then Shawn is going to do other activities with him next week related to the letter F since this week has been severely lacking in lessons and letters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and