Skip to main content

What wonderful weather!

It's 75 degrees here today!  I'm so excited and I think tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer.  My plans were originally to take the kids to the park tomorrow but I don't think that I'll have time for that.

Tomorrow afternoon, I have a doctor's appointment, a meeting with HR at my former employer, and it's Water Paint Wednesday for Ben.  I would say that we could cancel the painting for tomorrow, but we didn't get to do Finger Paint Friday last week.  I do like him to get to go outside and run and play, but at the same time, we have to keep up on our regular things as well.  I'm hoping that this weather is here to stay, although I'm not holding my breath.  This is Kansas after all.  Maybe we'll get to spend some time outside this evening.  I've been craving a big, juicy hamburger ever since we had the amazing burgers Saturday night at Shawn's Aunt Kathy's house.  I'm hoping that tonight we might be able to grill some good burgers.

I just got an idea to maybe take the stuff to make them at the lake and picnic.  It is pretty windy though so I don't know if it will work.  I'll talk to Shawn and see what we can work out.  That would be really cool if it did though. 

Here's a picture of Shawn and the kiddos from a few nights ago:


















The past several days have been quite busy for us.  Friday, my Aunt Marci and Uncle John came up to visit us from Texas and see Baby Sydney or as Ben calls her BC.  (We assume he calls her this as his way of saying Baby Sydney or Baby Sis.)  It was nice to see her and everyone actually.

Aunt Marci with Sydney:
























Grandpa Moose and Baby Sydney:

























Friday evening, we went to KC and hung out with Shawn's mom while she went to Costco and ate dinner.



















Saturday was my Uncle Chris's birthday so we went to their house and saw everyone there again then.  Ben likes playing with his second cousins Dylan and Hayden.  They are quite a bit older than him, but do like to play with him.  Ben also loved Uncle John.

Dylan, Hayden, Ben, and Uncle Chris rough housing:

















Aunt Marci and Sydney:


















Dylan, Ben, and Uncle John:


















After that we went to Shawn's Aunt's house to see everybody there for a get together for his cousin.  His cousin was also visiting from Texas.  It was nice to see all of them as well.

Sunday, my mom, siblings, and nephew came up to bring us our new stroller.  They stuck around for a little bit, just visiting.  Later in the evening Shawn's parents came out to visit too.

We've had a lot of family packed into the last few days.  It sounds like that will continue this week as well, but we'll have to see how it all pans out.  I guess tomorrow Shawn's mom is going to come out to watch the kids while we go do a little Easter shopping and eat dinner.  I don't know how this will work though seeing as I'm nursing my daughter and we don't currently have any bottles for her.  Also, she's only 3 weeks old today and I'm not ready to leave her.  I know my husband was trying to be nice by planning this but I don't know that I'm ready yet.

Over the next few days, I plan on doing a few Easter related crafts with Ben, reviewing a few new products we've been given, and the normal updates that sometimes get left behind.  Also, I've moved the alphabet gallery to the kitchen wall, over the kitchen table.  It will be over the kitchen table in the new place as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and