Skip to main content

Happy Birthday To Me

I want to start off by saying that I had a wonderful birthday!  I'm so blessed to have the best family and I love spending time with them.

This last weekend, my mother-in-law took me out shopping for some clothes because I never buy anything for myself and spend any money I have on the kids.  I just want my kids to have the world.  I can't help it if I spoil them.  I always say that Shawn and I don't have nice things but our kids do, and that's the way it should be.  Anyway, Saturday evening,  I went out shopping with Shawn's mom (Julie) and his brother's girlfriend (Morgan).  We had such a good time and I got some really great new clothes.

Morgan is a tall skinny girl with this crazy ability to wear the highest freaking heals, even when she's pregnant.  We laugh and call her shoes hooker heels, so when we were at the shoe store she was dancing and wearing some of the obnoxiously cute neon colored heels.  I jokingly titled this picture Stripper Mom, Stroller Approved.  I do NOT really think this about her.  She's probably one of my best girlfriends.


Here's one of my new outfits.  Please excuse the lack of makeup and the fact that Sydney is pinching my butt.  She's all about pinching butts when people aren't expecting it.



The day started off with some relaxing while Shawn worked upstairs.  I worked on my blanket.  I love how it's turning out and I can't wait for it to be done so I can snuggle up underneath it.


Shawn got me a nice card and the kids made me the cutest cards.


Obviously, the kids had some help.  Shawn did all the writing for Sydney but only wrote the inside, or back I guess, of Ben's.



Shawn also bought me some wonderful peanut butter chocolatey goodness and some beautiful flowers.  Also, we're going out to buy a new kitchen table after we get back from vacation.


I'm so excited for the new kitchen table.  I've wanted one for a long time but now we finally have enough room for it.  We've only had hand me down kitchen tables, which are wonderful, don't get me wrong, but with a family of 5 we need a table bigger than for 4 people.  I can't wait to get the table and begin to make memories as a family around it.

Shawn came downstairs in the early afternoon and said, "Alright, I have the kids, go take your shower and then do you and Sydney want to get pedicures?"  I was so excited.  I love getting pedicures but haven't gotten one since the day before Rylie was born.  I was also excited because Shawn was going to watch the kids while I showered.  Usually I have Ben in the hallway outside of the bathroom with the door open, watching shows on the iPad, Sydney sitting on the toilet seat and Rylie in her bouncy seat in the bathroom, so I can keep an eye on everyone while I quickly shower.  With Shawn watching the kids, I got to shave my legs.

Sydney and I went and got our pedicures.  Sydney got her very first professional pedicure and it was so cute.  Everyone couldn't get over how well behaved she was.  I was a proud momma.


Our toes look really good too!



When we came back to the house after the pedicures, we made sure everyone was all done up and ready to go out to dinner.




Once everyone, or almost everyone, got to our house, we left for dinner to my favorite Chinese place out here, Encore.  I thought I did a good job of getting pictures of everyone at dinner, but I guess I didn't because I don't really have any pictures of Shawn's brother (Chris) and Morgan, my pictures of the kids aren't great and there aren't many, and I didn't get any pictures of my Mom, Rob (my step-dad) and Andy (my brother).

Here's what I did get:







We had a good time and I hope everyone enjoyed the food.  I know I did!

We came back to the house for yummy cake.  Shawn's dad made me the most amazing chocolatey peanut buttery cake.  It was so rich but wow!!!!


After cake, it went down hill fast.  Ben, after running around like a mad man on a full stomach, threw up everything.  Luckily it was an easy clean up and Chris, Morgan, and Morgan's daughter (LaLa) hadn't left yet, so they were able to keep the girls occupied in the kids bedroom while we got the living room cleaned up.  Sorry if that was gross.  Haha!

Except for Ben getting sick, it really was a perfect day and evening.  Also, mom got me some more yarn, crochet hooks, a crochet book, and some patterns (Is that what you call them?) and I can't wait to start another amazing project.  Also, I promised the kids blankets like the one I'm making now but in the colors they choose since they just Oo and Ah over the one I'm making now.

Maybe tomorrow morning I'll pop in the movie Morgan got me (Country Strong) and work on my blanket.

Comments

Elise said…
Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a good time with family and friends :) I like your blog's new look!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and