Homemade Laundry Detergent

So, last night, I finally got around to making the homemade laundry detergent I've been wanting to.  It's so easy and not expensive, I don't know why more people don't do it.  I'm only assuming it's because they don't know how.

Homemade Laundry Detergent


What all you'll need:

1 bar soap
1 cup borax
1 cup washing soda
a pot that holds more than 2 gallons
2 gallons of water
a large spoon
a funnel
a grater
2 empty gallon jugs

Grate the bar of soap and pour it into the pot.


Pour in 1 gallon of water, and cook until the soap dissolves.



Pour in the borax and washing soda.  Bring it to a boil.  It will coagulate.  Turn off the heat and stir in 1 gallon of cold water.



Pour into the empty gallon jugs.

Use about half of a cup per wash.  I kept an old laundry detergent cap to use.

Comments

Popular Posts