Skip to main content

Family Vacation Post Five

Since this is post five, you may need access to posts one, two, three or four.

Thursday was our last full day with my family and our last full day in Houston.  We started the day by going to the zoo.  The animals seemed to think it was too hot to be out, since most of them were in hiding.  We still saw some pretty cool animals.





They were feeding the tigers little pieces of meat to get them to jump up.



Shawn decided they might be on the search for a new raccoon for the exhibit...


Sydney was so nervous around the goats.  She was good until one walked up to her and then she was a screaming, crying, running mess.


While we were at the zoo, we could see the hospital my Aunt Marci works at and a life flight helicopter came and went while we were watching.  It was cool for the kids to see.


When we were done at the zoo, we went back to the house and met with my cousin Jill and all of the kids and went to the pool.

They had a high dive that all the bigger kids and my husband were going off.  I am not afraid of water, but heights are another story.  I'd have freaked out halfway up the ladder and had to have been removed.


Aunt Marci said "I hope you aren't taking my picture!" Sorry Aunt Marci, but I love pictures like this.



The kids were so worn out, they fell asleep on the way home.


After dinner, we went through some old pictures.  It was funny to see my mom and dad so young and goofy.


My Dad is the mountain man looking guy on the far left.  


Here's a panoramic shot Shawn took of me, my cousins, and all of our kids. 


Jill and her three kids stayed the night at Aunt Marci's house with us as well.

Friday morning Uncle John got up and got donuts, then we all sat around eating them and watching the olympics.




After breakfast, we packed up the car, cleaned up our messes, said our goodbyes, and headed to Ft. Worth.  I was so sad to go.  I miss my family and I miss Houston.

After driving for a few hours, we went straight to our hotel.  The girls have never stayed in a hotel before and Ben has only stayed in one once when he was about 2 years old.  They were quite excited.



We went to dinner and the Rangers game with Shawn's cousin Joe, his cousin Megan, and their friend Jen.






After the game was over, the lights went out and it was time for fireworks.








Sydney fell asleep during the show.


The next morning, we all slept in.





After we all got packed up, we left the hotel and went for breakfast at the Waffle House.  I never remember their waffles tasting so good.

Once we were done eating we went to a brewery tour thing with Joe and his family.  It was nice because we all got to sit around and talk while enjoying a live band.






When we left the brewery, we went back to Joe and his aunt and uncle's house to go swimming.



It was all a nice way to wind down our ending vacation.  When we were done at the pool, we got changed and then headed to dinner on our way home.


I was sad for our vacation to be over.  I still am.  It went to fast, but we got to do so many fun things.  I will cherish these memories forever and I hope my children will appreciate all the everyone has done for them to give them tons of life experiences, even though they are probably too young to remember any of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and