Family Vacation Post Five

Since this is post five, you may need access to posts one, two, three or four.

Thursday was our last full day with my family and our last full day in Houston.  We started the day by going to the zoo.  The animals seemed to think it was too hot to be out, since most of them were in hiding.  We still saw some pretty cool animals.

They were feeding the tigers little pieces of meat to get them to jump up.

Shawn decided they might be on the search for a new raccoon for the exhibit...

Sydney was so nervous around the goats.  She was good until one walked up to her and then she was a screaming, crying, running mess.

While we were at the zoo, we could see the hospital my Aunt Marci works at and a life flight helicopter came and went while we were watching.  It was cool for the kids to see.

When we were done at the zoo, we went back to the house and met with my cousin Jill and all of the kids and went to the pool.

They had a high dive that all the bigger kids and my husband were going off.  I am not afraid of water, but heights are another story.  I'd have freaked out halfway up the ladder and had to have been removed.

Aunt Marci said "I hope you aren't taking my picture!" Sorry Aunt Marci, but I love pictures like this.

The kids were so worn out, they fell asleep on the way home.

After dinner, we went through some old pictures.  It was funny to see my mom and dad so young and goofy.

My Dad is the mountain man looking guy on the far left.  

Here's a panoramic shot Shawn took of me, my cousins, and all of our kids. 

Jill and her three kids stayed the night at Aunt Marci's house with us as well.

Friday morning Uncle John got up and got donuts, then we all sat around eating them and watching the olympics.

After breakfast, we packed up the car, cleaned up our messes, said our goodbyes, and headed to Ft. Worth.  I was so sad to go.  I miss my family and I miss Houston.

After driving for a few hours, we went straight to our hotel.  The girls have never stayed in a hotel before and Ben has only stayed in one once when he was about 2 years old.  They were quite excited.

We went to dinner and the Rangers game with Shawn's cousin Joe, his cousin Megan, and their friend Jen.

After the game was over, the lights went out and it was time for fireworks.

Sydney fell asleep during the show.

The next morning, we all slept in.

After we all got packed up, we left the hotel and went for breakfast at the Waffle House.  I never remember their waffles tasting so good.

Once we were done eating we went to a brewery tour thing with Joe and his family.  It was nice because we all got to sit around and talk while enjoying a live band.

When we left the brewery, we went back to Joe and his aunt and uncle's house to go swimming.

It was all a nice way to wind down our ending vacation.  When we were done at the pool, we got changed and then headed to dinner on our way home.

I was sad for our vacation to be over.  I still am.  It went to fast, but we got to do so many fun things.  I will cherish these memories forever and I hope my children will appreciate all the everyone has done for them to give them tons of life experiences, even though they are probably too young to remember any of it.


Popular Posts