Skip to main content

Family Vacation Post Three...

I told you.  So much stuff happened on this trip that to put all of these in one blog post would be absolutely insane.  You can view the first or second posts by clicking on their links.

Tuesday we went to The Space Center.  It was really cool and I was just eh on the idea of going.  We mostly went for Ben and Shawn who are space nerds.  I love space, just not to the extent that they do.



The look on Sydney's face was priceless.  She was not sure about the helmets at all.


They had different suits all over the place in cases, on mannequins, and even hanging from the ceiling.  It was like a horror movie come to life for me.  I am very afraid of the suits.  Don't ask me why, I can't exactly explain it other than there could be dead people inside and you'd never know...


Made you picture a dead person inside, didn't I?  Hahaha!  Now you know how I feel every time I see a picture of an astronaut suit, a video, movie, etc.

They had a big space shuttle and you could inside.  You weren't techinically inside, because the only thing there was the front, but you felt like you were really inside.  It had the seats, the bathroom, the lockers, everything, and you could walk through it.  It was really cool.


We went on one of their two hour long tram ride tours.  I wish we would have had enough time to do the other one also.  It was just really neat.  They took us to NASA so we could see old mission control.  When I saw the sign that said how many stairs there were, I thought Psh that's not too bad.  I was so wrong.  87 stairs, is a lot of stairs and I was also carrying Rylie and a diaper bag.


It was worth it though because it was really neat sitting right behind old mission control.  You could almost feel the history that had been made there and it gave me goose bumps.


After seeing old mission control, they took us to Rocket Park, where we got to see the Saturn V.  


Sorry for the awkwardness of this photo.  I took it with my panoramic app on my phone.  There is really no way to explain how big and amazing the Saturn V actually was.




I was shocked to find, that with as massive as the whole thing was, this is the tiny little space the people actually rode in.


To be honest, we went to the Space Center at the perfect time.  The Mars Rover had just landed about a day or so before we went and then a few weeks after we came home Neil Armstrong died.  It was neat that the kids were able to understand who he was because of going to the Space Center too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and