Skip to main content

Full Days and Attitude Adjustments

Yesterday was an amazingly spontaneous day.  I love weekend days like that.  I woke up with Ben and decided, "Lets go to the Farmer's Market!"  I got everybody up and dressed, and off we went.  I love the Farmer's Market.  I love supporting local individual farms and people better than giant farms that are located God only knows where.  I love the people and the atmosphere.  Most of the people there are really friendly, you get to really know and like the venders, and every now and then you see people you already know.


After we left the Farmer's Market, we came home to eat and put away our new produce, and then left to Shawn's parent's house.  They were doing work on the house, and might I add, kicking butt on all their projects.  They were in the act of painting the garage when we pulled up.  It looks amazing.  Shawn helped out with the painting and then took his Grandma to run some errands.  We watched GG's (Thats' what the kids call Shawn's grandma) dog and after a little swimming in a freezing cold pool, we took the dog for a walk.


Our dog is a ninety pound lab so when we take her for walks, either Shawn or I hold the leash.  She would drag the kids along or get away.  GG's dog is a much smaller dog that is older and not used to exercise so she was the perfect walking companion for Ben.  He was so happy to get to hold her leash.

Shawn and GG got back just in time for dinner, but shortly after dinner, Shawn, his sister Kelly, his friend Buck, Kelly's boyfriend Michael, and Terry all went fishing.  I hung around a little while long at Shawn's parent's house, letting the kids play outside and then get their baths and a story before coming home.  The kids fell asleep in the car on the ride home and because of Shawn being gone fishing, I carried all the sleeping children into the house.  Rylie is easy to carry.  She's in her little carrier car seat in the middle row by the door.  Ben and Sydney not so much.  They are clear in the back and you have to reach over the middle row seats to get them out.  I also need to add that Ben, although he's only four, is a giant boy.  He's tall and solid and I was told by his doctor that he's the size of an average six year old.  That's fifty pounds of dead weight being lifted over a car seat, out of the car door, and all through the house to his bed.  Talk about a work out!

Funny side story:  When we were leaving Shawn's parent's house, Julie and I loaded up the kids in the van and I started to drive away.  After pulling into the street, I realized I forgot something at the house, so I pulled back into the driveway and ran into the house.  I grabbed what I had forgotten and as I was grabbing the door I saw what for half of a second I thought was Rylie laying on the living room floor.  I soon realized that it was one of their cats, Fatty, but for half a second I about pooped myself for thinking I left my 3 month old laying on the floor and put an empty car seat in the car.

After carrying the kids in the house, I realized the dog was barking, so I went around the house to let her in. While I was out there I thought I'd move our plants back to where they belong since the Scotts Lawn guys moved them all onto the patio when they did whatever to our grass.  I moved one of my tomato plants and something next to the house moved.  It was small but I was praying it was too big to be a spider.  I turned my flashlight on and saw it was a baby bunny.  It was all by itself, and I felt bad for it.  We live by a wooded area and I worried that it would get eaten by an owl or cat, so my motherly instinct (as Shawn calls it) and I decided to save the rabbit.  No Mother, I know what you are thinking, and I did NOT bring it in the house or attempt to keep this bunny in anyway.  I did however pick it up and hide it in the corner of our stoop behind our ferns and brought it some lettuce and spinach.  He later hopped away.



I did some cleaning around the house and sat down to do a little studying and before long, Shawn was home.  During his errands, he picked up some amazing tamales for our good friend Torren.  He came over late last night, after Shawn came home, to pick them up and hang out a little bit.  We sat on the patio and chit chatted in the lovely weather at about 1:00 am.  I'm so in love with our little stoop, porch area and want to spend all my time out there anymore.

This morning, the kids woke me, bright and early.  After being up so late last night, which was mostly my fault, I was not ready to get up with the sun, like Ben loves to do.  He thinks that if the sun is awake, he should be too.  Unfortunately he's not a believer that when the sun "goes to sleep" he should too.  Ben took the iPad to his bed and laid there watching My Little Ponies on Netflix.  Apparently My Little Ponies has a creepy fan following called Bronies, which if you aren't aware, is older people or usually used in reference to men, that watch this show.  It's funny to me, because I used to watch it when I was a kid, and I had tons of my little pony dolls, and I've even watched this show with Ben and am not quite sure what these people get out of it.  Maybe I'm too naive, but to me, it's just a kids cartoon.

Sydney got up not long after Ben.  If she's up, your sleep is DONE.  She wakes up Rylie and gets into everything she isn't supposed to.  This has left me a bit of a grump and in need of a reset.  I don't feel tired after my coffee of the morning although I'm thinking another cup maybe necessary.  I'm starting to get better, after sitting here to write this blog, but between the kids fighting and the rain, I'm still not in the best of moods.

Here's my morning reset.  A little computing, some warm maple twist, and a nice cold mocha.


Now, I need to figure out what we are doing with our day.  It is Sunday after all and we usually have Sunday dinner altogether as a family.  Due to the rain though, I don't know if we're going to Kansas City or if they might come here.  I guess we'll wait and see.


Comments

Sandra said…
Sounds like you had a busy day :)

Hope you get to relax today and maybe get in a little nap :)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and