Skip to main content

Just Another Day

Just got word that Shawn's going to be gone three days again next week.  I'm so ready for his traveling to slow down.  I'm absolutely exhausted after today.

We got up bright and early but snuggled in bed.  I could lay in bed with my babies all day if I didn't have a million other things to do.


We got up and ran a few errands.  We went to the Merc and to get lunch.  


After lunch, I spent a little time online before starting on all the house work.


While the kids were resting, I got the kitchen completely cleaned and the laundry started.  After the kids got up, I started on Sydney's apron.  She was so excited for her bumble bee apron.



I cut out all the pieces and plan on sewing it tomorrow or the next day depending on whether or not we go to Shawn's parent's house tomorrow.

Once all the pieces to the apron were cut out, I went (against everyone's advice) to mow the lawn.  It was 97 degrees and I probably shouldn't have done it, but the lawn looked awful.  It looks much better now, but it left me feeling shaky and sick.  I have to add that this was probably the first time I've mowed since I moved out of my parents house 7 1/2 years ago.

After I got feeling better from mowing the lawn, Sydney and I took some time to take goofy pictures together.  I love that my kids are just as silly as I am.




Sydney even helped me cook dinner.  Super easy breakfast burritos.  When Shawn isn't here, I don't like to cook anything that's going to take a lot of time or work.





Dinner was a hit.  The kids love breakfast for dinner, and breakfast burritos were no exception.  I tried a new lemonade that turned out to be amazing.  I don't like lemonade that is really sweet like what you get at a fast food restaurant.  I like it a little tart, with pulp, and that almost hurts your throat as you drink it.  This was perfect, and I highly recommend it.



When we finished dinner, I cleaned the kitchen up again and finished laundry.  


We all got to talk to Shawn on Face Time.  Thank goodness for technology.  It makes Shawn being gone a little easier when we can talk and see him.  He calls before the kids go to bed so he can talk to them and then tell them goodnight.

Finally, I'm laying in bed, ready to snuggle Miss Rylie.  I've got the kids asleep in their little bed I made up on the floor at the foot of my bed.  While Shawn's gone, I like to keep the kids close to me.  I don't know why, but I think it probably makes it a little easier on them as well.

Alright, I'm off to bed.  Goodnight.

Comments

LOVE the fabric with the bees! So adorable! I found your blog through Sandra's. I, too, have a man that is gone right now. He works in Afghanistan as a civilian contractor....every 70 or so day she is home on R&R for about 2 weeks....It's all I know for us so far, guess it's better than him being here full time THEN being gone so much. He should be home with us full time in a year or so...counting down the months! Stop by my blog and say howdy!
Sandra said…
I do that with my kids as well, have them sleep either with me in bed or on a blow up mattress on the floor in my room :)

Love all your photos, it's great seeing you and the kids doing what you do everyday :)
Liz said…
Amy, Wow, I don't know how you do it. My husband and I have been married for 4 1/2 years and he just started traveling like this. He's gone now on average 3 days a week. That's a lot to me and to the kids.

Sandra, I don't feel quite as lonely at night with them in my room. Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and