Just Another Day

Just got word that Shawn's going to be gone three days again next week.  I'm so ready for his traveling to slow down.  I'm absolutely exhausted after today.

We got up bright and early but snuggled in bed.  I could lay in bed with my babies all day if I didn't have a million other things to do.

We got up and ran a few errands.  We went to the Merc and to get lunch.  

After lunch, I spent a little time online before starting on all the house work.

While the kids were resting, I got the kitchen completely cleaned and the laundry started.  After the kids got up, I started on Sydney's apron.  She was so excited for her bumble bee apron.

I cut out all the pieces and plan on sewing it tomorrow or the next day depending on whether or not we go to Shawn's parent's house tomorrow.

Once all the pieces to the apron were cut out, I went (against everyone's advice) to mow the lawn.  It was 97 degrees and I probably shouldn't have done it, but the lawn looked awful.  It looks much better now, but it left me feeling shaky and sick.  I have to add that this was probably the first time I've mowed since I moved out of my parents house 7 1/2 years ago.

After I got feeling better from mowing the lawn, Sydney and I took some time to take goofy pictures together.  I love that my kids are just as silly as I am.

Sydney even helped me cook dinner.  Super easy breakfast burritos.  When Shawn isn't here, I don't like to cook anything that's going to take a lot of time or work.

Dinner was a hit.  The kids love breakfast for dinner, and breakfast burritos were no exception.  I tried a new lemonade that turned out to be amazing.  I don't like lemonade that is really sweet like what you get at a fast food restaurant.  I like it a little tart, with pulp, and that almost hurts your throat as you drink it.  This was perfect, and I highly recommend it.

When we finished dinner, I cleaned the kitchen up again and finished laundry.  

We all got to talk to Shawn on Face Time.  Thank goodness for technology.  It makes Shawn being gone a little easier when we can talk and see him.  He calls before the kids go to bed so he can talk to them and then tell them goodnight.

Finally, I'm laying in bed, ready to snuggle Miss Rylie.  I've got the kids asleep in their little bed I made up on the floor at the foot of my bed.  While Shawn's gone, I like to keep the kids close to me.  I don't know why, but I think it probably makes it a little easier on them as well.

Alright, I'm off to bed.  Goodnight.


LOVE the fabric with the bees! So adorable! I found your blog through Sandra's. I, too, have a man that is gone right now. He works in Afghanistan as a civilian contractor....every 70 or so day she is home on R&R for about 2 weeks....It's all I know for us so far, guess it's better than him being here full time THEN being gone so much. He should be home with us full time in a year or so...counting down the months! Stop by my blog and say howdy!
Sandra said…
I do that with my kids as well, have them sleep either with me in bed or on a blow up mattress on the floor in my room :)

Love all your photos, it's great seeing you and the kids doing what you do everyday :)
Liz said…
Amy, Wow, I don't know how you do it. My husband and I have been married for 4 1/2 years and he just started traveling like this. He's gone now on average 3 days a week. That's a lot to me and to the kids.

Sandra, I don't feel quite as lonely at night with them in my room. Thank you.

Popular Posts