Weekend Fun

Every evening I think, I'm going to do a blog post, and then I get sidetracked doing something else like crocheting, fishing, studying, or making an apron.  I've been so incredibly busy, even after the kids go to bed.  This has really been quite a week and weekend.

I had to make multiple runs to the grocery store.  The kids like the organic store because they get to push their own carts.

Ben loves pushing the cart like mommy does, but not Sydney.  She likes to run quickly down the aisles, knocking into displays and people the whole way.  Also, I may have a problem... I decided I didn't have enough different sizes of mason jars, so I bought a few more cases.  Putting them to use won't be a problem, but my husband is worried about our banking account as this addiction goes from just using them as cooking utensils, to home decor.

Thursday evening was the 5th game in the Heat vs.Thunder series thingy.  I don't know.  I'm not crazy about basketball, but Shawn is and he's a huge Heat fan so we ended up doing a little thing where we invited Torren over and made rotel cheese dip, buffalo chicken dip, and pigs in a blanket for dinner.  My kids had never had pigs in a blanket and it was fun watching how excited they were over something so silly and usual.

Friday, I taught myself to crochet using websites and youtube.

My first granny square was quite sloppy, but I did it none the less.

These guys look much better!

When Shawn is home, the kids take every opportunity they have to spend time with him.  He'll snuggle Ben until falls asleep and then he moves to Sydney.  Sydney falls asleep with him on the couch usually, then he'll move her so he can do something else.

Petti always takes the opportunity to get some Sydney loving in too though.  They really are best buds.

Friday night, after the kids were asleep, I went to work on Sydney's apron.

I got it done and hung it with the other aprons so that she could see it in the morning.  I only stayed up until 3:30 or so in the morning finishing it.

Yesterday was a wonderful day.  It started out a little sad doing a grave side service for Shawn's mom's cousin.  It was really beautiful.  Wonderful things were said and the weather couldn't have been more beautiful.

Sydney was mad on the ride back to her Granny's because she wasn't able to ride with Granny due to the seat belts being broken.  It was heartbreaking and funny at the same time.

In the afternoon the kids and I went swimming while Shawn and his mom went to visit his uncle.

In the evening the whole family and some friends packed up and headed out to the lake.  We cooked out, some people fished, and we had a wonderful time although, once again nothing was caught.

This morning I've been getting the house work done that we've been neglecting.

When I came inside from watering the plants this morning, I found sweet Rylie watching Happy Feet intently on the TV.  It was so cute seeing her like that.

Shawn's parents are planning on coming over for dinner so I need to run to the grocery store.  I figured while I'm there I should get the food to last us until pay day which meant time for some menu planning as well.

Alright, back to the grind I go.  It's time to change the litter box and get some laundry folded.  My day is never done...


Popular Posts