Skip to main content

Weekend Fun

Every evening I think, I'm going to do a blog post, and then I get sidetracked doing something else like crocheting, fishing, studying, or making an apron.  I've been so incredibly busy, even after the kids go to bed.  This has really been quite a week and weekend.

I had to make multiple runs to the grocery store.  The kids like the organic store because they get to push their own carts.


Ben loves pushing the cart like mommy does, but not Sydney.  She likes to run quickly down the aisles, knocking into displays and people the whole way.  Also, I may have a problem... I decided I didn't have enough different sizes of mason jars, so I bought a few more cases.  Putting them to use won't be a problem, but my husband is worried about our banking account as this addiction goes from just using them as cooking utensils, to home decor.



Thursday evening was the 5th game in the Heat vs.Thunder series thingy.  I don't know.  I'm not crazy about basketball, but Shawn is and he's a huge Heat fan so we ended up doing a little thing where we invited Torren over and made rotel cheese dip, buffalo chicken dip, and pigs in a blanket for dinner.  My kids had never had pigs in a blanket and it was fun watching how excited they were over something so silly and usual.


Friday, I taught myself to crochet using websites and youtube.



My first granny square was quite sloppy, but I did it none the less.


These guys look much better!


When Shawn is home, the kids take every opportunity they have to spend time with him.  He'll snuggle Ben until falls asleep and then he moves to Sydney.  Sydney falls asleep with him on the couch usually, then he'll move her so he can do something else.


Petti always takes the opportunity to get some Sydney loving in too though.  They really are best buds.

Friday night, after the kids were asleep, I went to work on Sydney's apron.




I got it done and hung it with the other aprons so that she could see it in the morning.  I only stayed up until 3:30 or so in the morning finishing it.



Yesterday was a wonderful day.  It started out a little sad doing a grave side service for Shawn's mom's cousin.  It was really beautiful.  Wonderful things were said and the weather couldn't have been more beautiful.

Sydney was mad on the ride back to her Granny's because she wasn't able to ride with Granny due to the seat belts being broken.  It was heartbreaking and funny at the same time.



In the afternoon the kids and I went swimming while Shawn and his mom went to visit his uncle.



In the evening the whole family and some friends packed up and headed out to the lake.  We cooked out, some people fished, and we had a wonderful time although, once again nothing was caught.




This morning I've been getting the house work done that we've been neglecting.

When I came inside from watering the plants this morning, I found sweet Rylie watching Happy Feet intently on the TV.  It was so cute seeing her like that.


Shawn's parents are planning on coming over for dinner so I need to run to the grocery store.  I figured while I'm there I should get the food to last us until pay day which meant time for some menu planning as well.


Alright, back to the grind I go.  It's time to change the litter box and get some laundry folded.  My day is never done...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and