Skip to main content

A beautiful day

So, I keep coming back to my blog thinking about all these things that I want to talk about, but don't even know how to begin.  I'm actually running a little short on time as well, as I've been making promises to Ben that when the weather gets warmer, we'll go to the park.  Here it is, February 18th, the sun is out, and the bank a block from my house is telling me it's 51 degrees.  I think it's time my promise paid out even though I'm exhausted and don't know how long we'll stay.  He's so excited and that makes it worth it to me.  I'm looking for recommendations on fun parks out here in Lawrence for Ben.  We know of a few, but are always looking for new fun places.

Tuesday night, we had a funeral to go to.  We didn't stay long as we got there quite late, and it was packed.  After the funeral, we went to Mom's house and had Jambalaya for Mardi Gras.  It was so good!  My mom gave Ben his first Nerf gun which led to hours of amusement when we got home.  After we got home and Ben had played for a while, we went to get ready for Bed and I noticed that Ben had a big red rash on his face.  Shawn and I immediately started thinking peanuts, but couldn't figure out how and when.  We knew he didn't eat them because the rash was different than the ones in the past.  After Benadryl and a shower, we laid down in bed and watched Toy Story.  He finally fell asleep, but I couldn't.  I just kept thinking What happens when the Benadryl wears off?  Needless to say, I hardly slept. 

Wednesday, I woke up to a sick boy.  He was sick to his stomach, vomiting and had a low fever.  I don't know why I didn't think about it the night before.  He always turns red and a little rashy when he's coming down with something.  It didn't last long.  He took about a 4 hour nap yesterday afternoon/evening and woke up feeling great. 

Yesterday, we also had my pre-admissions appointment at the hospital.  Shawn said it's finally starting to feel real to him after that.  He's such a goofball.  We weren't married when we had Ben and so this is like a whole new experience for him because he felt like last time he had no say, and this time he gets legal rights as well.  He's so cute.  The littlest things excite him.

Yesterday, got a card in the mail from my doctor's office saying that my urine tests all came back normal.  We've been keeping track of my blood pressure and it's pretty ok, so I guess we'll see what the doctor says tomorrow.

Today, Ben is doing coloring sheets of the letter D.  He's upset that he has to do them before we go to the park, but I'm being a mean Mommy.  He's been watching his movies all morning and I'm making him taking time out for his daily "school work" or lessons before he goes to play.  I've been so exhausted from lack of sleep and the pregnancy that I need to work myself up to going to the park too.

By the way, Sydney will be here in about 2 1/2 weeks.  I'm so excited and nervous at the same time.  I feel like I'm not at all prepared and was hoping to move before she got here but I don't see that happening now.  Oh well.  It's not the end of the world.

Alright, time to get ready to go.  I'm leaving you with a couple of pictures of my son, apparently picking up what he sees his father doing in the evenings.

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and