A beautiful day

So, I keep coming back to my blog thinking about all these things that I want to talk about, but don't even know how to begin.  I'm actually running a little short on time as well, as I've been making promises to Ben that when the weather gets warmer, we'll go to the park.  Here it is, February 18th, the sun is out, and the bank a block from my house is telling me it's 51 degrees.  I think it's time my promise paid out even though I'm exhausted and don't know how long we'll stay.  He's so excited and that makes it worth it to me.  I'm looking for recommendations on fun parks out here in Lawrence for Ben.  We know of a few, but are always looking for new fun places.

Tuesday night, we had a funeral to go to.  We didn't stay long as we got there quite late, and it was packed.  After the funeral, we went to Mom's house and had Jambalaya for Mardi Gras.  It was so good!  My mom gave Ben his first Nerf gun which led to hours of amusement when we got home.  After we got home and Ben had played for a while, we went to get ready for Bed and I noticed that Ben had a big red rash on his face.  Shawn and I immediately started thinking peanuts, but couldn't figure out how and when.  We knew he didn't eat them because the rash was different than the ones in the past.  After Benadryl and a shower, we laid down in bed and watched Toy Story.  He finally fell asleep, but I couldn't.  I just kept thinking What happens when the Benadryl wears off?  Needless to say, I hardly slept. 

Wednesday, I woke up to a sick boy.  He was sick to his stomach, vomiting and had a low fever.  I don't know why I didn't think about it the night before.  He always turns red and a little rashy when he's coming down with something.  It didn't last long.  He took about a 4 hour nap yesterday afternoon/evening and woke up feeling great. 

Yesterday, we also had my pre-admissions appointment at the hospital.  Shawn said it's finally starting to feel real to him after that.  He's such a goofball.  We weren't married when we had Ben and so this is like a whole new experience for him because he felt like last time he had no say, and this time he gets legal rights as well.  He's so cute.  The littlest things excite him.

Yesterday, got a card in the mail from my doctor's office saying that my urine tests all came back normal.  We've been keeping track of my blood pressure and it's pretty ok, so I guess we'll see what the doctor says tomorrow.

Today, Ben is doing coloring sheets of the letter D.  He's upset that he has to do them before we go to the park, but I'm being a mean Mommy.  He's been watching his movies all morning and I'm making him taking time out for his daily "school work" or lessons before he goes to play.  I've been so exhausted from lack of sleep and the pregnancy that I need to work myself up to going to the park too.

By the way, Sydney will be here in about 2 1/2 weeks.  I'm so excited and nervous at the same time.  I feel like I'm not at all prepared and was hoping to move before she got here but I don't see that happening now.  Oh well.  It's not the end of the world.

Alright, time to get ready to go.  I'm leaving you with a couple of pictures of my son, apparently picking up what he sees his father doing in the evenings.


Popular Posts