Skip to main content

The big move

This weekend we had our big move.  We moved all of our major things and things we need to get by.  We still have quite a bit to move, but there is still tons to go through first.  We don't want to move junk or trash and I will not allow the clutter here.  I'm working on a daily, weekly, semi weekly schedule for the house work.  It will be more like a checklist.  I know that sounds pretty sad, but I find myself becoming a bit of a clean freak and if things don't get done then I can't function and this will hopefully help me to relax a bit.  I am also hoping that it will help put Ben at ease a little bit about his latest fears.

He is terrified of bugs and spiders and even though we have none, if there is fuzz, dirt, hair, or anything on the floor he freaks out and thinks it's a bug.  On the occasion that a bug gets inside or a spider is on the wall, we have to slowly and calmly distract Ben preferably by taking him out of the room and the collect or kill the spider/bug before he ever knows it's there.

Anyway, back to the point of this post.  So far the move is going really well.  I can't wait to be done and unpacked.  Right now I'm laying contact paper in the cabinets before I can put the food or dishes away so there are lots of boxes in the dining room, and it's kind of stressing me out.  The bedroom and living room however, look fabulous!  We don't have any artwork put up yet and the only family picture we have is the one of Dad that Aunt Marci had made a little while after he died.  I have to have Dad around.

The pictures that I have taken already are not what it looks like now or what it will look like when we are done and I have only taken a few pictures.  I only took pictures of the living room and bedroom.  Here is what we have so far or this was Saturday night.

The living room:




















































The bedroom:









































Ben and the dog enjoy the back yard here.  It's very decently sized and fully fenced in.




































We've had a lot of help with the move.  Terry has helped us so much and I don't feel that I could ever thank him enough.  Shawn's family gave us their old living room set so we didn't have to move our old one that had definitely seen better days.  My mom, sister, and brother came out and helped on Sunday.  Mom got us a new grill and when they came out, they met us at the park and played for a little bit as well.  It's wonderful because now we only live a few short miles the park Ben loves.  We were there last night also.  The weather has been wonderful and Ben gets to burn off some of his energy and play.

These pictures are from Sunday with the family:




















This was Ben's first time swinging on a big boy swing with out someone sitting with him.

 


















Ben wanted Mom to go down the slide with him.




































And here are some of Sydney doing tummy time this morning on the living room floor.  She's such a sweetie.





































I am just truly happy right now!  I have the best kids, the best husband and really just the best family all around.  Everything seems to be working out for us right now.  I don't want to jinx anything though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and