Skip to main content

Easter weekend

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Easter.  I know that this weekend has been wonderful for us.  This weekend has been full of family, good food, and fun.

Friday afternoon, Shawn's work threw us a post baby shower/party thing.  It was fun to get to show Sydney off to all of them and eat yummy food.  Shawn works with so many neat people.

Friday night, we went to Shawn's parent's house.  We went to Nebraska Furniture Mart to look at furniture and a rug for his parent's house.  Anybody who knows me, knows furniture and house decorating are basically my favorite things.  This made my night Friday, and I love that we got to spend time together as a family while we did it.

Saturday, we went back to Shawn's parent's house.  We dyed Easter eggs together.

Shawn's mom, Julie, watching Ben dye an egg.

















Terry and Ben, dying eggs.
























The finished eggs.
























This was the first year that Ben really got involved.  He accidentally knocked over a mug full of dye.  I must say that there is a lot of dye in one cup.  After we got the mess cleaned up and finished dying eggs, we went to the park and played and skipped rocks on the lake.  Shawn's brother, Chris, and their Mom came with us.

Ben, Chris, and Shawn skipping rocks.

















Chris helping Ben get rocks to skip in a bizarre way.
























Julie and Ben on the swing.
























The teeter totter.

















After a little while at the lake, we were tired and cold.  We went back to the house and grilled hamburgers.

Today, Easter, the kids woke up and got their baskets.  Ben had a good time going through his basket and then trying to find Easter eggs in the living room.

The kids baskets.

















He found an egg!  He actually found a lot of them.

















I peeked around the corner and caught him eating the candy out of an egg.  






















 

We do not currently belong to a church, so we didn't go today.  We do plan on joining a church, hopefully soon, if we can find a good fit for our family.

This afternoon, we had family at our house for a wonderful lunch.  We played outside and eggs were hidden for the kids.  It was such a fun time and my Grandma got to see Sydney for the first time.

My brother, Andy, Sydney and Julie.

















Grandpa Moose and Sydney

















Ben playing baseball in the backyard with his Dad and Granny.

















Grandma and Sydney.

















My brother, Andy, helping my nephew, CJ, find eggs in the backyard.

















Terry helping Ben find eggs.

















Sydney and I outside on the deck.

















My mom.
























My sister.
























Now, we're all exhausted.  Everyone here is sleeping but me, and they have been since a little after 7.  I thought I would take the time to blog about the wonderful weekend we've had and post the 2 Easter projects we got to do this week instead of napping.

Tomorrow, Shawn and his Dad are going to the Royals home opener.  The kids and I will be spending time with Julie, Shawn's mom.  I'm looking forward to it.  We will be continuing with our letter of the week with letter I this week.  Also, we get the keys to our new place on Thursday.  I'm so excited!  I will miss the place we are living in now though so please don't think this place is terrible.  There are just things with this house that don't work for us.  I will try to update as much as I can but this week and maybe the next couple may be a little hectic.  I'm trying to keep Ben's schedule as normal as possible though so craft time will still continue on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and