Skip to main content

Our Non Productive, Sick Weekend

Ok, so this weekend was supposed to be productive, but that backfired.  It started out by Ben being sick from Thursday on.  Friday, he was acting like he felt soooo much better.  Because of Lent, I can't have meat on Fridays, and I'm not a big fan of fish, but I do like sushi, so that's what I've been eating.



Well, the kids don't like it so we told Ben that because he was sick Thursday he could pick what he wanted for dinner Friday.  He picked Taco Johns.  After eating only the meat part of 3 tacos and drinking a little root beer, guess what happened... Yup, he threw it all up.

Shawn's sister and her boyfriend came over and watched the first half of the KU game with us before going home so he could do some accounting homework.

Saturday, I'd planned on getting this house back in order.  Guess who woke up feeling pretty queezy?  If you guessed me, you were right.  I spent most of the day laying around with no appetite.  I didn't feel sick like Ben was, but if I was up and around, my stomach would get crampy and I'd kind of feel like maybe, just maybe, I could throw up, but not sure.  Not a lot got done but Torren, and Shawn's sister and her boyfriend came over again that evening to watch Game of Thrones.  Also, if you haven't watched that show, you should!!!  It's on HBO and it's amazing.  Season 3 starts next Sunday, March 31st.  It is not a show for children though, as it is quite violent, and graphic, and there is also lots of nudity and sex.  Saturday nights are usually quite late for us with watching this show because we wait for the kids to go to bed before we start.


Also, my husband read all of the books that are out so far and said they are great.  I would love to read them now that I know the characters.  It was hard for me at first because there are soooo many and their names aren't normal and a lot are quite similar so it was hard for me to keep up with who is who.

I had to get up this morning for Palm Sunday mass and then our RCIA retreat.  Well, it snowed quite a bit last night.  Seven inches or so, so the retreat was cancelled although mass was still on.  I went ahead and drove out there even though the roads weren't in good shape.


(I was stopped at a stop light when I took this picture, just so you don't have to worry about the crazy lady driving down the road taking pictures in her van.)

They were better on the way home.



I brought home delicious donuts from Munchers, which has become a Sunday routine for us.  They are soooo good, it's hard not to.

Sydney seems to have caught this stomach bug.  None of us have caught it even close to the extent that Ben has.  Thank goodness!!!  Needless to say, she's been pretty good about going on the big girl potty, but we've had a couple of accidents today.  I can't blame her.  We expected it though and put her in a diaper all day, so it wasn't so bad.  We did take the kids outside for a little play in the snow.  They love it, and seriously this is probably the last snow of the season.  I hope it's the last snow of the season.  I'm ready for warmer days, and sunshine.







As I said in the beginning, this was supposed to be a productive weekend, but with me not feeling well and having sick kids, and company, not a lot got done.  Shawn worked on laundry today.  He is my lifesaver.  He also helped me with cooking dinner tonight.  I love that we work so well as a team.  I however didn't get anything done but dishes, really.  Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

We did manage to get some reading done in both The Widow Of Larkspur Inn and The Little House in The Big Woods.  We are actually almost done with the kids' book.



Oh, and I managed to get an awful picture of one of Rylie's teeth.  She doesn't like to show off her chompers so much as to just use them.


And, this weekend she has been a walking and dancing fool!!!


Alright, my bed is calling my name.  Hopefully we'll all feel better this week, life can go back to normal, and my house can go back to being clean!  I'm going to leave you with a couple goofy pictures of Sydney, because I have so many and they are too cute to not share.




Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  Goodnight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and