Skip to main content

Whew... Thursday

When I woke up Thursday, I didn't expect to have the busy day we had.  It's the days we spend together as a family that I cherish and especially days where I'm able to somewhat keep my sanity.

We got up, dressed and fed the kids in a hurry, made my coffee and ran out of the house as we do every Tuesday and Thursday.  We aren't the best about getting up and around.  In the mornings the kids like to lay around on their iPads or playing with blocks which is hard to break on days Ben has school.

While Ben was at school, the girls and I had a couple of errands to run and while we were out we decided to run by the pet store (not the one we went to Tuesday) to pick up some pig ears for Maya.  They are her favorite.  Sydney also picked out a pretty and bright colored tennis ball for her.  They had two sweet kittens there for adoption.  I fell in love, but it made my heart ache a little for Petty, probably because they looked just like her.



The girls found some beautiful neon fish that they were awed by as well.



After picking Ben up, we decided that the weather was tooo beautiful, so we went on a walk to get some lunch downtown.  We ate at the kids favorite, "Guacamole House" or Chipotle as we all know it.



We called Morgan, and her and the girls met us for lunch and then we all walked down to Laugh Out Loud.





We did have one little issue with a bully and Ben.  Poor Ben is an easy target because he's so nice and wants to play with everyone.  This kid wasn't only bullying Ben, but Ben is the kid that got punched.  We have had issues with this kid before, and it's sad because his mom sits there and watches and never does anything.  When the dad found out he put their shoes back on them and they left.  It was sad when he said "We've worn out our welcome", but if your wife disciplined her child when things like this happened, maybe he would learn this is not how you treat other people.

The kids got to play for quite a while before we walked to the Lawrence Arts Center so Ben could show Morgan and Langston his school and so we could look at the art on display for the silent auction.  I fell in love with several pieces but this one was amazing and the bidding was still fairly low at $300.



After the Lawrence Arts Center we walked to the library, where Langston got her first library card. I have one and Shawn has one, but my kids don't.  I think we'll go back next week to get the kids their own.





We went home with just enough time for Sydney and I to get ready for mass and to give the dog a pig ear or two.  She was in hog heaven.  I know, I'm corny...



Mass was two hours long but absolutely gorgeous.  Sydney told me the Gloria was her favorite song.  She fell asleep about half way through.




I shed a tear or two during the washing of the feet and cried like a baby during the stripping of the alter.  On the way out, Sydney and I were right behind a boy from Ben's class and his family.  It was so sweet because as we were leaving, this boys younger brother grabbed his dad and said "This is so beautiful Dad!"  He was right, it was so beautiful.  All of the candles in the multicolored candle holders in front of the huge windows.  It was actually kind of breathtaking and something that a 3 year old or so could even admire.

By the time we got home, my whole body ached, we were hungry and tired, so we ate some pizza and went to bed.  All of us slept upstairs since I wasn't able to put Sydney's sheets in the dryer.  Sleep overs are fun anyway.  We all fell asleep watching Wizards Of Waverly Place reruns on Disney.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and