Maybe You Think I Am Who I'm Not
I am fantastic at a few things:
- I can cook. People like what I cook and my husband rants and raves about things I fix.
- Marrying well. I most assuredly chose a man better than myself and who works so insanely hard for his family that I feel like a slacker most of the time.
- Appreciating what I have and who I am.
- Being a mom. My kids seem happy, healthy, and well fed. I spend as much time as I can with them, whether it's snuggling on the couch or in bed, playing with toys on the floor, watching movies, doing crafts, playing in the back yard or park, or reading books.
- Making decisions. My husband has a tendency to do the "I don't care, you decide." or "No, what do you want?" so I've taken over making a lot of decisions and for the most part they are the right ones as he still lets me make them.
- Cleaning. Organizing. Paperwork. I get on top of this stuff and then get woefully behind. On top, behind, on top, behind... sounds good if we're talking about sex, not so much if you're talking about laundry and dish mountains and piles of mail. Don't get me wrong, if you come to my house it will be fairly clean, unless you show up unexpectedly or are in the "inner sanctum" and I let you see it when a tornado has hit.
- Dieting/Exercise. I am not a size 2, nor will I ever be, but I will tell you how cute you are if you're a size 2 (and very much mean it) and then eat a cheeseburger. I always try to diet and exercise and it often gets lost somewhere in the shuffle of life.
- I swear. Like a sailor
sometimesmost days. I'm not even sure why because I have a decent vocabulary aside from the four letter variety. I even get onto my husband about his language when I know I'm just as bad. I'm trying so hard to not swear in front of the children.
- Sleep. I am in bed WAY too late on a regular basis & I nap when Ben and Sydney do. Often.
- Wearing clothes other than sweats and way over-sized t-shirts, or colors other than black.
- Thank you cards. I always say I'm going to write them. I often buy them. Sometimes I get them filled out and addressed, but they never end up getting mailed out or even hand delivered. I do Christmas cards every year, but can't do thank you cards after a birthday, Christmas, baby shower, wedding, etc. Pretty pathetic of me, in my opinion.