Skip to main content

Busy Busy Busy

This has been a very busy week, especially since it's been the last week at the old house.  Shawn has spent every evening and all day Friday there, packing, cleaning, sorting, throwing tons of trash away, making many trips to the planet aid bins, and now selling our books and CDs that we no longer want to half price books.  I'm pitching in when and where I can but my main job is to take care of the kids and keep them out of the way.  I'm amazed at the amount of junk we've been able to part with so easily.  Why did we keep it for so long?

Tuesday, was the busiest of days this week.  The landlord brought out a new exterminator and we found out that our termite problem is much worse than we had originally assumed.  The bath tub guy came out to apply another coat of mud to the wall and pick up some trash as well.  Slowly but surely, things seem to be coming together around here.

Tuesday, was also my friend Lauren's baby shower.  Lauren and her family were so sweet to have even made sure everything was peanut free.  They are such good people.  It had been so long since I'd seen her.  I don't think I'd seen her since my birthday, last July.  She is perhaps the cutest pregnant lady I have ever seen.  I hope to see her at least one more time before she and her husband go back to Hawaii.

























I also got to take the opportunity to dress my kiddos up nice and cute.

Sydney with my mom:














































Wednesday, I had my doctor's appointment.  Ben has decided that he loves the doctor, any doctor really, and often asks to go the doctor or the hospital.  I know, he's a weird one.  Anyway, I was getting ready for my appointment and Shawn was going to stay home with the kids while I went.  Ben threw quite an impressive tantrum because he wasn't going to the doctor.  Needless to say, the tantrum didn't help his case and he didn't get to go.  I know I say this a lot, but wow my doctor may be the hottest man alive.  Well, except for my husband.  Haha!  I spent about 45 minutes at the hospital on Friday doing some follow up lab work.  I'm just not snapping back, health wise, like I was hoping I would and am now being tested for diabetes and anemia among other things.

Thursday, Ben and I finally got to do our big letter of the week craft.  We did L is for ladder, which you can see on my previous post, or by clicking this link.  Since we did it so late in the day, Shawn was home and got to watch a little bit.  He was very impressed with how well Ben did.

























Shawn's Dad and Terry came out that evening to help haul things over from the old house.  They have all been so helpful and I appreciate all the help we have gotten during this move.

Friday night, our friend Torren came over, like he does most Friday nights.  He's such a good friend and very involved in the kids lives.  I hope he's always around for them like Terry was for Shawn and his siblings.

Yesterday, I kicked hiney around the house.  I unpacked the boxes in the dining room that were making me a little depressed.  I now have a nice little dining area.  I can't wait to hang up all of our art around the house.  I'm so excited with the progress we are making.  There is one box left in the dining room and that will move to the office/Sydney's room after the house is treated for termites.

Here's the dining room right now (the totes in the corner are our craft stuff):





















Shawn's parents came up yesterday evening for dinner and to hang out.  We ate pizza, played in the backyard and had a wonderful evening.

Some of these pictures aren't the best quality, but well worth it anyway.




















After dinner and playing outside, it was bath time.  Ben has developed a major fear of the bath tub and I don't know why.  He says it's bugs and poop.  I don't know where this came from, but I hope it blows over quickly.  Sydney didn't mind her bath, but was not pleased with the after bath routine.  Julie, Shawn's mom, loves to give the kids their baths.  I think it's cute.




































After they left, Shawn worked on school, Ben watched his latest addiction (Disney's Robin Hood) on my computer, Sydney slept, and I worked on the days crossword puzzle from the newspaper while watching Sex and the City the movie.  It was a wonderful night.  I'm hoping that we can have more like this after we are completely done with the move, including the unpacking.

Today, we're mowing the lawn and picking up dog poop.  Not the funnest jobs in the world, but definitely worth it to get to play in our wonderful backyard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and