Skip to main content

A rainy day in our life

Over the past couple of nights, Shawn and I have been packing the kids up in the stroller and going on a walk.  Last night, we took the dog too and put in a little over three miles, jogging some of the way.  I was so proud of how much I was actually able to jog.  I can't wait to get out there and do it again and hopefully jog even more.  I feel so good today and full of energy.

We got up this morning and picked up the mess that I was too lazy and tired to pick up last night.  I have a wonderful husband though, that had done the dishes for me last night.  All I had to do with them was to put them away.  Ben put his toys and all the shoes away, then sat down and read to himself.  I love that he loves books so much and he looked so cute curled up with his book. 




















We did the craft I'd planned on doing yesterday, but was to tired.  It was O is for octopus.

























He was a coloring fool today too.  Normally when we do a letter craft, he'll do a coloring sheet or two while I prep the craft.  Today, he colored four coloring sheets while I prepped the craft.  It didn't take me long to prep the craft either.  He just really wanted to color.

























Since today is Wednesday, Ben did some painting for Watercolor Wednesday.  He loves paint.  Today he's was painting his Granny's Jeep.  That's what he told me anyway and he kept using the black (her Jeep's color).




































Sydney got in her tummy time that she does a couple of times a day, every day.  She is such a sweet funny little girl and is really starting to get a personality already.  She loves peek-a-boo and just laughs and laughs when you play it with her.

























And because Ben doesn't like the attention off of him, here's a picture of him from Sydney's tummy time.


























Since the craft today was an octopus, we watched IMAX Under The Sea.  It was really good and I highly recommend it.  It was only about 40 minutes long including the credits, so it didn't last too long for Ben, and it was really beautiful.  Jim Carrey narrated the movie also.




















We buy these little lunchable snackable things for Ben.  He eats them sometimes for lunch with something else but they are perfect for snacks.  That's what he had for his snack today. He loves making little towers.


























It has been rainy all day so I didn't plan on us going out walking or to the park, but there was a break in the clouds around 4 o'clock and Shawn called from work telling me to get the kids ready and we'd walk to the park as soon as he got home.  By the time he'd gotten home, it was raining again, but Ben was so excited to go to the park, that he had been sitting in the stroller for over 20 minutes and I couldn't get him to come out.  We decided, it was only raining, not storming and wasn't raining hard, so we'd go ahead and go.  We bundled up the kids and off we went.  We didn't stay long at the park, but Ben still got to go.  On the bright side, after tomorrow there isn't any rain in our forecast for a while and the temperatures are supposed to be 80s for a while.

















Sydney was all bundled up in the stroller so she could stay warm and dry.

















I don't know why I bothered boring you with the details of our day, probably because it's raining, I'm putting off cooking dinner, and the kids are both napping (I know it's a little late for a nap), but I did post it, with lots of pictures.  Now, to go cook dinner.  Garbage burritos because they sound so good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and