Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

OK, I'm quite late today but better late than never right? Hope today finds everyone well.  I'm also working on an update and really want to do a day in the life post tomorrow.


The weather outside is::::
Cold! Very cold!  I think the high today is 28 but it appears that it's supposed to be 40s the rest of this week. 

On the breakfast plate this morning::::
A delicious but cold coffee and a pear.  I wanted eggs but my morning got away from me.

As I look outside my window:::
The sun is shining and it's somewhat lying to me, because it looks like it should be nice enough to play outside but when you step out, the wind is so cold it burns.

Right now I am::::
Sitting on the couch watching Peppa Pig with my kids.
As I look around the house::::
I have a basket of laundry begging to be folded on the chair next to me and a little picking up to do in the kitchen.  We also have a giant box of Christmas decorations in middle of the kitchen to pick up.
On today's to do list::::
Laundry....I have one more load in the dryer but about two loads and the hang drying to fold.
Cleaning.... Cleaning up the kitchen.  I've done a ton of dishes and picking up already today since we bought new plates, silver wear and pots and pans.
Errands.... Have to run by the bank to pay rent and run by the milk store.
Cooking.....Hopefully my delivery will get here in time for dinner.  If not we'll be making eggs or grilled cheese and tomato soup.
Dance.... Sydney has dance at 5:30
Wrestling.... Ben has wrestling at 6:00

Currently reading::::
I still haven't had much opportunity to read and am only about 100 pages into the first Game of Thrones book.  It really is pitiful of me...
On the TV today::::
Apparently just Peppa Pig as that is all that's been on since we woke up this morning.
On the menu this week::::
Monday - Taco Soup and cornbread
Tuesday - Pork chops, mac and cheese, and veggies
Wednesday - Chicken enchiladas with green sauce
Thursday - Spaghetti with meat sauce and bread
Friday - Pancakes, bacon and eggs
Saturday - 
Sunday - 

What I am creating at the moment::::
I wanted to make a new Doctor Who ornament to go with my Tardis.
New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
Nothing new at the moment.
Favorite photo from the camera::::
 


Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::
When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves. ~William Arthur Ward



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and