Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

Jeeze, I think weekends need one more day!  We had one of the best weekends in a really long time.  No stress and lots of fun, but now I need a day to rest and recover.


The weather outside is::::
A smidge chilly, although it will be warming up today to about 50.

 

On the breakfast plate this morning::::
A peppermint mocha, almond croissant, and a banana and strawberry fruit pouch.

As I look outside my window:::
The sun is shining and I can see the Christmas lights on the house and our tree out front.  Everything is damp and soggy, so I dare not go out there.

Right now I am::::
Sitting on the couch next to a sleeping Scotland, while the kids lay on the other couch and chair, watching Peppa Pig. 

As I look around the house::::
I have a load of laundry in the dryer to fold and one in a basket waiting for me to fold as well.  There are a couple of dishes in the sink that need a good hand washing and I can hear the dishwasher running now.  I've already gone grocery shopping, this morning, for the week, so our cabinets and fridge are full.  The house is clean as we did a pick up, vacuuming, sweeping, steam mopping, and bathroom cleaning last night.  All I have left to do is vacuum upstairs.  It's really nice to have the house ready to go for the week come Monday morning.

On today's to do list::::
Laundry....I have about 2 loads to fold and put away
Dishes.... I have a few to hand wash and will soon have a dishwasher to unload.
Vacuum... The upstairs needs a good vacuuming.
Errands.... I need to make a run to the milk store and a trip to Walmart to pick up the pictures that I had printed.
Cooking.... I need to put some chicken and a can of rotel in the crockpot so I can make easy chicken enchiladas for dinner tonight.
Dance.... Sydney has dance at 5:30
Wrestling.... Ben has wrestling at 6:00

Currently reading::::
I'm reading Game of Thrones by George RR Martin currently as well as Sippy Cups Are Not For Chardonnay by Stefanie Wilder-Taylor 
On the TV today::::
Peppa Pig at the moment.  Maybe some Vlogs

On the menu this week::::
Monday - Chicken enchiladas with green sauce
Tuesday - Taco Soup with cornbread
Wednesday - Pork chops, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and veggies
Thursday - Out for my nephew's b-day
Friday - Pancakes, bacon and eggs
Saturday - 
Sunday - 

What I am creating at the moment::::
Nothing at the moment, but am working on my Christmas cards if that counts.

New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
Nothing new at the moment.
Favorite photo from the camera::::
 


Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and