Skip to main content

28 weeks, cookies and doctors visits.

The plan for today was to get up with Shawn, when he left for work so we could have the car and finish Christmas shopping.  Since we were all up so late last night, things didn't quite work out that way.  Instead I worked on a little more cookies.  All I got done was the cake mix cookies, but believe me when I tell you they are so delicious.  My mixer is seriously wounded and possibly dead after that battle, but the cookies came out perfect.

















While I baked, Ben slept...

















Also, today was my monthly pregnancy check up with my doctor.  For anyone that has ever seen him or maybe even heard of him, he's quite studly.  Getting ready to go to the doctor is like getting ready for a first date.  I spend forever straightening or styling my hair in someway, doing my make up, and I try on several outfits just to make sure I look alright.  Can't be in the presence of this Godly man and look like a slob.  Today, I was the slob.  I was so exhausted, I just didn't care.  I pulled my hair back, put on minimal makeup and put on whatever I grabbed out of the closet.  Did I mention I'm huge?  I took a couple more pictures today just because...  Since I'm taking them myself, sometimes they aren't the best or even close to well cropped but oh well.  Well, here's the 28 weeks  pictures:














































As I mentioned almost a week ago, I was dreading stepping on the scale at the doctor's office today.  Well, I've lost 4 pounds.  I'm oddly enough back at the weight I started the pregnancy at.  How am I so large but my weight never really changing all that much?  The doctor didn't seem concerned however I do get to go back tomorrow or sometime this week for lab work.  It's time for that dreaded sugary drink.  Bleh!  Also, the doctor says that I should be receiving a call in the next week hopefully about setting up my c-section but that we are going to try for the first week in March.  That means 10 weeks and the baby will be here.  I'm excited!  It's getting so close.  The more I think about it though, the more I realize that we aren't ready for this baby to come quite yet.

After Christmas we'll be working our hineys off trying to get everything cleaned up and ready for the baby.  I need to start shopping for baby clothes.  The good thing is that Ben had a lot of gender neutral clothing when he was very young, although most of his will be winter when we need summer and then summer when we need winter.  Oh well.  Everything will come together.  I learned from my Aunt Leslie when I was pregnant with Ben that the gowns are a savior.  Ben wore them around the house for the first several months of his life and I'm sure we'll be doing the same with this baby.

By the way, we don't have a definite name for this baby.  We know her middle name will be Ann, but that's about it.  We have a name we like, but we aren't set on it 100% and would gladly like to hear any real recommendations you may have. 

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to knock out the rest of this shopping, make at least one new batch of cookies and do the Santa craft with Ben I've been wanting to do for about a week now.  All of this before work at 5.  We'll see how this goes.  You'll hear tomorrow how it went.  I've got a lot on my plate, but hopefully I'll be able to get a ton done.

Alright, I'm going to get cleaned up and head to bed so I can hopefully get going tomorrow morning, bright and early.  Goodnight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and